Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2022, 04:36 PM   #161

If you want to do any electrical work on an eco no line you definitely want on of those

posplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 04:17 PM   #162

Ok I got the book. Double checked all wiring at the steering wheel

There is a 5 pin connector behind the airbag.

From left to right clip facing up

Pin1 Accessories lights for the switches
Pin2 ground
Pin3 12v
Pin4 horn and buttons
Pin5 5v from PCM

Tried to find the master cylinder cable but only found a black yellow and green yellow cables that was connected to a plug beside the master cylinder. Jumped it but no luck.

Don’t know how to post pic
Sztimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 05:17 PM   #163

They changed the plug In later models. if you get a new mastercylinder with cruise, there is also a adapter cable in it.
Sztimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:20 PM   #164

I found a male cable underneath the dash labeled brake test.
I also found the female end it fits in and they were disconnect. Can anyone enlighten me what this is for?

Still struggling with the cruise control in my 1998 E350 even with all the diagrams from all data!
w8keluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:49 AM   #165
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8keluv View Post
Still struggling with the cruise control in my 1998 E350 even with all the diagrams from all data!
Post a photo of this cable you describe.

What engine and fuel type is your E-350?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:54 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Post a photo of this cable you describe.

What engine and fuel type is your E-350?
1998 7.3 diesel
Attached Thumbnails
A53B5A9D-5F99-4446-A68E-56EB57DBCA23.jpg   A8A343A4-035F-4C7A-9C3F-DBEED78993AE.jpg  
Old 04-02-2022, 05:55 AM   #167
JWA

Quote:
1998 7.3 diesel
From what I'm seeing the wire colors are pink/orange and green/black---would that be correct?

Looking in my own 1998 EVTM under the diesel pages for Vehicle Speed Control I don't see a connector with those wire colors in that circuit. Further when I look at the possible location under the dash for several of the brake system VSC controls I'm not seeing a pin face out diagram either.

The sections of the EVTM I've checked so far include: 31-3, 31-4 along with 151-11 which shows a "brake test" connector however its under the hood---your's seems to be inside the cabin?

BTW the wire colors shown do not match what I think I'm seeing in your photos here. Unless I too am missing something this IS confusing.

Have you tried jumping the dangling connector to see if that allows VSC to engage?
Old 04-02-2022, 06:44 AM   #168

So it’s a red with a black trailer and a green with a black trailer. Yes this is under the dash. I have not tried to jump it yet as I wanted to see if anyone had any comments before I did. I’ll try today and report back.

I’m also seeing all the same info in my even manual as well. The all data wiring diagrams goes to NCA wires once you get down to the cruise control but I’ve tested and found my power wire , ground wire, and both cc wires totaling 4 wires. Believe I’ve repined them in there proper location as well. I’m just missing something somewhere.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:31 AM   #169
JWA

Quote:
So it’s a red with a black trailer and a green with a black trailer. Yes this is under the dash. I have not tried to jump it yet as I wanted to see if anyone had any comments before I did. I’ll try today and report back.
I'm seeing very different colors in the red wire, not seeing any bit of black in the photo posted here.
Old 02-10-2023, 04:11 PM   #170

Hello all,

I used this thread previously to add CC to my now dead 2006 and am back again to give my right leg a break on the 97 E250 I have now.

I have read the entire thread and most of it seems to address 98 and up. I just want to confirm what is required for my year to get things going? Do I just need a wheel, buttons and the appropriate clockspring to make things go, or am I in the camp that needs the essentially non-existent servo motor?

Nothing around my MC looks like what I have seen in photos here, so I ponied up and created an account to confirm if I can add CC or if I’m totally screwed.

Please let me know what information you all my need to help me out on this one.

Thanks in advance, everyone!
nervous24 is offline   Reply With Quote