Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #1

Am I getting a good deal on this Quigley?

Hello, first post.

I want to build a top notch long range tow vehicle with moderate 4wd capabilities that I can camp in once I get to my fishing/hunting local. That led me to search for an EB Chevy/GMC (because of the longer wheel base) Diesel with the Quigley 4wd conversion. I have pretty much planned it out for conversion with Sportsmobile Indiana for a 50 floor plan with PH.

Anyway, I found a new 2008 EB GMC Duramax Diesel cargo van with the Quigley 4WD still on a dealer lot. I was able to eventually work them down to $41,000. It has the dual alternator, cruise, power seat, power windows, locks and mirrors, heated mirrors, HD tow package, chrome trim package, deep tinted glass in rear and barn doors on side, rear defrost, AM/FM and CD (which I will probably change out anyway). 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.

From the pricing I talked to Sportmobile about if I ordered the van from them, it would be a very good deal. Plus I don't think the diesel is currently available in 2010. Does this seem like a good price to you for this vehicle?

91Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #2

Re: Am I getting a good deal on this Quigley?

Looks like a good deal bud
Some folks will point out Chev/GMC vs Ford

I am a chev guy myself, this is my first ford

i dont care whose logo is on the rig, i just want it to run....
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #3

Thanks Bill,
I like the looks of the Ford much better than the GMC but I really wanted the longer wheel base for towing and the split front suspension for a smooth highway ride when towing the boat as far as i do. I also liked that the Duramax is quieter than the PSD for my wife (ok me too). Living in the east, I just don't need the impressive 4wd systems Sportsmobile builds. I do a good bit of hunting but I don't tend to drive into real rough places when I do so. I can always pull my Yamha Rhino along if it's going to be real bad. Or walk, god forbid!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #4

That's my rig almost exactly. PM sent.
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #5

You have probably seen this, but there is a completed 08 with less than 20,000 miles on the texas SMB site. The price is $68,000 but it has been there for a while and they might deal.

http://www.sportsmobile.com/z-PO_texas.html
Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #6

Holy crap that's a good deal! Plus it's a "Holy Grail" with the 7.3 and the SMB 4x4!
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #7

Absolutely agree with Saline. Smokin' deal on that Ford. That might be the one to buy, 91Tiger.
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #8

I fell in love with that Ford as well. It was exactly the layout I wanted but the folks in Austin said I couldn't add a Danhard AC because of the size of the water tank or heater, can't remeber which. For the places I fish(Everglades Park, Keys and South Lousiana) a premium AC is an absolute must. By the time I converted it and added a 3rd catains chair and a few other goodies it was too close to building from scratch. Or at least close enough to talk me into it. Unfortunately I haven't found any used ones that have AC at all in a floor plan I like.

I looked hard at the used 2008 GMC but SMB Austin quoted close to $14,000 to add the items I would want and I still didn't like the layout. It is only a few thousnad more to build from scratch.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #9

Isn't the Quigley a solid axle, e.g. not a split front end?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #10

I am 95% sure it is a split front suspension like on the pick-ups. To be honest, that's one of the main reason I'm leaning towards GM/Chevy. I will call the dealer tomorrow and confirm. I will probably call Quigley as well. Hopefully I'm not way off base on this. I will post what I find out.