Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
BC

And the last of the Ford Econoline SMB's goes to....

...the great state of Oregon.

Well, next to last given the final rig went to SMB owners. But congrats to Tyler Freres and family who snagged the other "last one" off the line and were enjoying their beautiful new rig at Mt Bachelor last weekend.

[photo][/photo]

BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Re: And the last of the Ford Econoline SMB's goes to....

I almost feel like crying!!! Sad for those who didn't pull the trigger fast enough to get their very own 'new' Econoline! Congrats to the Oregon Family, SMB, and all owners of SMB…the 'Econoline SMB Club' just got a little more exclusive!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #3

haha! Sorry, you will have to specify "last". Mine is currently not event scheduled to be built yet, sooo...?

Sorry, just going for "coolness" factor on this site so I fit in better. I should probably give some input on any kind of update on the cutaway too. I actually had a deposit in on the cutaway and then got cold feet. Started doing some hunting for a new E350 and/or switching to a GM Quigly conversion. But instead...!!!! I pulled a E350 Ext's out of Austin's inventory and am not inline for production!

Soooo... Do i get a medal or something?
purana182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
BC

purana182 a little hard to decifer from your message what's what but hey, post some pix here during and after the build. Pt was here, last of SMB 4X4's out of Fresno inventory I guess, where 4X4's were born, but suppose there will always be some outliers and random builds as people bring in rigs for conversion.
BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #5

Ha! That's what you get from my brain after a sleepless night and a 2yr old vomiting the whole time. And my writing skills to begin with our, of course, top notch! Sorry about that. Just trying to be funny and one up.

Long story, as short as possible, I was ordering from Fresno and had missed my chance on a classic E350 so I had a deposit in on the cut away project. Started questioning my decision and putting in phone calls to Fresno when an opportunity to pick up a brand new E350 EB that had been to Fresno, converted to 4x4, and sent to Austin naked on the inside. Couldn't pass it up.

In the end, I have a SMB West converted van sitting and waiting in line in Austin for the final touches, MY touches, to be put on it. My wife and I are ecstatic and can NOT wait to join the SMB family. Hoping to pick it up in June.

Going pretty much ALL OUT on this, so I have been posting quite a few questions on here, reading everything I can, and will probably as even more. But most importantly, once I have it, finding some new spots, some new trips, and recommendations from this forum! Can't wait!

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3714.JPG  
purana182 is offline   Reply With Quote