Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2015, 11:59 AM   #51

Re: Annoying to "break camp" every time you want to drive?

Any hassle there might be in "breaking camp" in The Van is far less than the hassle of finding myself on a steep two track and not being able to go any further, without a place to turn around, with a trailer tied to my rear end.

I don't like to have a trailer behind me to deal with when I'm in tight situations. Even my little boat trailer can be a PITA.

I can be packed and ready to go in less than 30 minutes. Of course I like to keep a tidy camp, and stuff get's put away after it's been used...

Old 03-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #52

I usually put everything possible away the night before as I normally like to hit the road at sunrise. In the morning a quick walk around the vehicle, drop the top and I'm on my way in 2 or 3 minutes.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #53
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbmarcus
I usually put everything possible away the night before as I normally like to hit the road at sunrise. In the morning a quick walk around the vehicle, drop the top and I'm on my way in 2 or 3 minutes.
I totally agree provided I'm on the road and by myself jumping form spot to spot but I do a lot of base camping with friends and having to re-setup camp after a day of off roading is sometimes more of a hassle than breaking camp. So I keep a nice base camp set up and hope everything is still there when I return. Plus I should point out the fact that putting things away after a good night of drinking around the fire sucks

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote