Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2020, 08:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyview View Post
Those side plastic bezels are vibrating against the cabinet trim they are pressed against. How do they come off exactly? You said you peeled yours off. Were they glued or how are they attached?

On a side note, is it worth taking out the fridge to clean the rear once in a while? Could it help it be more efficient and run less often?

From memory they snap in (from the side?). Just examine closely and you should be able to figure it out.
Next questions - yes and yes (if it has gotten very dusty). You also will be able to see the venting/air circulation and maybe improve the cooling. That could be a real benefit. How much it will help...good question but it cannot hurt.

moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorefc View Post
From memory they snap in (from the side?). Just examine closely and you should be able to figure it out.
Next questions - yes and yes (if it has gotten very dusty). You also will be able to see the venting/air circulation and maybe improve the cooling. That could be a real benefit. How much it will help...good question but it cannot hurt.
Yea I pulled towards the exterior and away and they started popping off, although the trim on one side of the fridge only popped off on one side and seems stuck on the other. I was able to pull it enough to get the screws out.

It looks like it was replaced in 09 so quite dusty. I haven't pulled it fully out yet, but I'm going to do that tomorrow. Looks like whoever replaced it cut out the wood panel and insulation behind it so it could fit, leaving the bare van wall behind it. I'll have to get some stick-on insulation and slap that on there, as well as cover up the space above the fan, and have all the air directed directly toward the front through the top vent. Hoping all this cleaning will make a difference!

Another major reason I wanted to take it out is to mount it with some materials to absorb vibrations. The 2 long metal rails on the bottom were just sitting bare on the wooden floor below it. I plan to maybe add some rubber washers to the screws that hold it into the vertical cabinet drawers on either side, and some sort of stick-on rubber for the metal rails on the bottom. Thoughts? I'll post up some pics eventually!
Old 06-03-2020, 08:03 AM   #13

Its going to be better. The things one finds when one looks!

moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold, refrigerator