Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2020, 08:12 AM   #21

Hi thejm:
There are pretty easy to follow instructions for Forscan at https://tinyurl.com/y8v5k9we. These are the instructions that got me through the process. I use an OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter and the Windows version of Forscan (the iOS and Android versions of Forscan do NOT allow changes to module parameters). You also need a free 2-month extended license for Forscan; the link is in the instructions. I bought a cheap Windows tablet to run Forscan since I only have Macs. It's still cheaper than having the dealer make the changes, if you could get them to do it.
Jim

jim2901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:50 PM   #22

Jim mentioned you can’t change parameters with Forscan on an iPhone but I’m just double checking, has anyone used an OBDLink MX+ and Forscan on an iPhone with success Changing parameters? I can’t find anyone who has it on Windows to help me out so I’m exploring plan B.
thejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 07:19 AM   #23
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejm View Post
Jim mentioned you can’t change parameters with Forscan on an iPhone but I’m just double checking, has anyone used an OBDLink MX+ and Forscan on an iPhone with success Changing parameters? I can’t find anyone who has it on Windows to help me out so I’m exploring plan B.
I'm far from an authority on FORScan but I think if you can't back up and save the existing parameters before you try changing them that might prevent the iPhone from performing that task.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #24

You can look at parameter values with the iOS and Android versions of Forscan but you can't change anything. For that you need the Windows version and a free 2-month extended license.
Old 03-12-2022, 04:14 PM   #25

This can be accomplished with Forscan by disabling the "Welcome Lights" parameter. I did this soon after I got my 2011 E150; this is a very irritating "feature" especially in campgrounds. Incidentally the Forscan organization (located in Russia) had to suspend selling Extended Licenses due to sanctions against Russian banks and inability to transfer funds. You can still download the software and get a free 2 months trial Extended License Key, for now!
Jim