Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #1

Back to the experts - Rig Pricing

Call me crazy but I am thinking about a new build. Before I can even go there I need your expert opinion on what you guys think a fair asking price would be for my current rig.

Here is what I got now: 2013 Ford E350 RB 5.4 2WD with 58,000 miles /Rear AC / Electric penthouse top / Penthouse bed with 10” extension /Memory foam mattress with fitted sheets / Roof rack with 3” decking and removable cross bars / Ladder / 2 Rear deluxe boxes with shelves and lighting / Front bumper with brush guards and locker / Rear bumper with 2 swing arms, brush guards and locker / Bushwhackers / Side steps / Custom Tires and wheels / 3” lift kit with Bilstein shocks / Rear air bags / Front light bar / Front Fog lights /Side rock lights / Side work lights / Rear bumper lights / 2-100 Watt solar panels / Goal Zero Yeti 1250 with 2nd chained house battery, inverter and solar controller / Rear fold down sofa / Stainless steel sink with fold down faucet / Microwave / Engel frig freezer / 12 gallon water tank / Rear hose sprayer / Fiamma awning with side shade and LED lighting / Rear inside gear box / Custom 3/4”maple cabinetry with slam latches and LED lighting / Truck safe / Spot recovery system / Custom insulated window covers / Barn door screen / Front window bug screens / Cell service booster / Custom front seats with 6-way power, heat and power lumbar / Floor, walls and doors with Dynamat padding and insulation / SiriusXM Radio / Keyless entry / Ax and Shovel kit / Radar detector / IPad navigation mount / BlueSea fuse-switch panel / Rubber G-Flooring /

My Build Pictures:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ort-18250.html
Attached Thumbnails
070.jpg   069.jpg   071.jpg   072.jpg   073.jpg  

pmcypress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #2

Wow no guesses?

Anyone good at guesstimating?
Old 09-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #3

Home builds are hard to value. Most are "meh," but yours is by far one of the nicest-put-together ones that I've seen. Much higher build quality than an SMB build from the photos. Look on the SMB West used page and use those for comps.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #4
Site Team

Garage
Absolutely beautiful interior IMO.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #5

I'm going to say $40k. Yes it is a home build but having done my share of them I can see the quality here, and it's a pretty new, low mileage van. Though you have an impressive list of add-ons including Aluminess, Fiamma, Engel, etc. the things that keep it from being well north of $50k are the lack of 4wd and lack of the SMB emblem, though it looks like a better build to me than most late model SMBs. A perspective buyer can't easily finance it without that RVIA sticker and that limits your number of buyers big time. I hope my opinion isn't an insult. I do see that you probably have much more than 40k in it.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:30 PM   #6

Great thoughts 86Scotty and don't worry you can't insult me. I came to you guys to get a realistic idea. Thanks
Old 09-02-2017, 12:30 AM   #7

I say $60k. If you do a search on CL in Orange County, there are a couple home brew vans asking $50-$70k and the build is nowhere near as nice as yours. Granted, they are both 4x4, but someone who can do math can figure out that they would be all in for about $75k on a pretty new van with a very nice interior and all new 4x4 conversion. If they don't need the 4x4, then they're good to go.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:00 AM   #8

Or, go to an RV junkyard and find an RVIA sticker for your van :-)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
I say $60k. If you do a search on CL in Orange County, there are a couple home brew vans asking $50-$70k and the build is nowhere near as nice as yours. Granted, they are both 4x4, but someone who can do math can figure out that they would be all in for about $75k on a pretty new van with a very nice interior and all new 4x4 conversion. If they don't need the 4x4, then they're good to go.
You know, I didn't even consider the location. That is a good point. I would probably start it higher out there and gauge interest.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #10

Van 17k
Pop Top 10k
aluminess 8k
wheels 2k
Seat 2k
Awning 1k

So very easy to justify 40k just based on the major items and I know how fast the other items add up. Hard to really price your time, effort, and craftsmanship. I would never expect to get ball my time back in value on a van nor on materials due to my own personal inexperience and shortcomings. But that is a super nice build you got there and surely worth a bit of coin.

Start high and go from there.