Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2018, 02:44 PM   #1

Question Best bathroom size for stocky guy?

Hi all

Hoping to have Sportsmobile build us the interior - likely in a 22’ Transit EXT

Space will be a little tight... we need Double bed, single bunk above, plus a 3rd persons captain chair behind the driver. (In the far back will not work for our 3rd person)

No black tank. PortaPotty that would go to aisle for showers.

I am a stocky 6’ guy and am concerned that a 24” x 36” “Room” will be too small for toilet time. Specifically leaning forward, elbow out ... to wipe my butt.

Sorry for the graphing image. ;-)

Thoughts?

What size bathroom works well for the big boys?

Thanks.

LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:52 PM   #2

Try this at home, get some cardboard and make a box to the size and get it and do a dry shower.
It might be revealing LOL!
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:18 AM   #3

Have a bidet installed? We opted for no bathroom in our RB van due to the lack of space and we also felt what they would put in would be too small to really use. Plus we didn't want to add a black water tank.

We use a porta-potti outside in a pop up tent. Lots of room outside.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #4

I’m a “stocky” six footer too. In my van I opted for a port a potty that stores in a lower cabinet. We slide it out at night to make it handy. Downside no shower and no privacy. Upside no cramped space and it doesn’t take much real estate in the van.
Attached Thumbnails
777B2D37-19C0-4913-BB58-D91824A31AE1.jpg  

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:04 PM   #5

Thanks everyone for the thoughts....

It is my understanding that the E-250 and E-350 dont generally work so well for bathroom inside.

We are aiming at a 22' Transit... and SMW (Jonathan) has suggested a good layout I think.

We want to be able to 4 season camp, and stealth on occasion... so inside toilet (PortaPotty) / shower works well for us.

:-)

John
Old 05-30-2018, 05:57 PM   #6

Our SMB Sprinter has the 24x33" shower stall with a Porta-Potti 465, the older rectangular shape toilet. As you describe we lift it into the aisle for showering.

I'm just over 6ft tall and I'd describe the bathroom size as just large enough to comfortably sit and use the Porta-Potti. Plenty adequate for showering when the Potti is removed.

But the newer Curve Porta-Potti is about 7/8" deeper than the rectangular units and someone else on the forum previously mentioned their knees would hit the wall of the 33" stall sitting on the Curve. So going for the 36" bathroom might be wise for extra clearance.

We rented a SMB Sprinter with the 39" bathroom, cassette toilet and sink before we purchased our unit. That seemed like unnecessary extra space in a short wheelbase van.
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:43 PM   #7
Site Team

Garage
I’m the type that would rather have a quick set up shelter outside then blow up the van and share it with all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
Our SMB Sprinter has the 24x33" shower stall with a Porta-Potti 465, the older rectangular shape toilet. As you describe we lift it into the aisle for showering.

I'm just over 6ft tall and I'd describe the bathroom size as just large enough to comfortably sit and use the Porta-Potti. Plenty adequate for showering when the Potti is removed.

But the newer Curve Porta-Potti is about 7/8" deeper than the rectangular units and someone else on the forum previously mentioned their knees would hit the wall of the 33" stall sitting on the Curve. So going for the 36" bathroom might be wise for extra clearance.

We rented a SMB Sprinter with the 39" bathroom, cassette toilet and sink before we purchased our unit. That seemed like unnecessary extra space in a short wheelbase van.
Cool info - thanks. :-)

(you) We rented a SMB Sprinter with the 39" bathroom

I would be curious where you were able to rent an SMB Sprinter from.

PM me if you dont want the whole world to know.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngeles View Post
I would be curious where you were able to rent an SMB Sprinter from...
We rented the Two4theRoad model 144" wheelbase Sprinter from Campervan North America's Las Vegas location for a one-week tour of the Grand Circle route around Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, etc. It was well worth the cost to get first hand experience with layouts before purchasing a unit.

Campervan NA has since added more locations and units, but all their campervans are upfitted by Sportsmobile, most of them I believe by SMB Texas. The exact configurations vary a bit as they've acquired newer units so check with them for exact details if you're looking for a specific configuration. For example some early units had marine toilet/black tank plumbing but newer units seem to be provisioned with cassette toilets.

There's a helpful sticky thread titled 'Other Campervans to Rent and Test' over in Member Classifieds subforum. We're currently making arrangements to rent a Safari Condo XL-Flex Sprinter from Durango RV to evaluate our next unit. Definitely seems worth the cost to get a week of hands-on experience.
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
We rented the Two4theRoad model 144" wheelbase Sprinter from Campervan North America's Las Vegas location for a one-week tour of the Grand Circle route around Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, etc. It was well worth the cost to get first hand experience with layouts before purchasing a unit.

Campervan NA has since added more locations and units, but all their campervans are upfitted by Sportsmobile, most of them I believe by SMB Texas. The exact configurations vary a bit as they've acquired newer units so check with them for exact details if you're looking for a specific configuration. For example some early units had marine toilet/black tank plumbing but newer units seem to be provisioned with cassette toilets.

There's a helpful sticky thread titled 'Other Campervans to Rent and Test' over in Member Classifieds subforum. We're currently making arrangements to rent a Safari Condo XL-Flex Sprinter from Durango RV to evaluate our next unit. Definitely seems worth the cost to get a week of hands-on experience.
this one?

https://durangorvrentals.com/class-b-sprinter-vans/

oooh looks cool.