Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2020, 09:47 AM   #1

Best durable Sprinter seat covers??

Just installed Sprinter seats in my E350. I am wondering what are you guys using in your Sprinter for seat covers. Looking for something durable that can handle my dog getting on and off. Thanks in advance!
Fernando

2010 BMW GSA 30th
medicfernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:12 PM   #2

Seatcoversunlimited.com Ours are very durable but we don't have a dog.
LindaDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:42 AM   #3
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Some time ago this issue was discussed and at the time I was searching for new covers, wanted to replace a set I'd had since 2008 or so, originally produced by an outfit called Alan-Graham Motoring. Despite a rather clunky lower cover attachment arrangement their durability was impressive. I chose Cordura in black, paid a whopping $190 which was a small shock but over time that's proven to be a good investment. I STILL have that set and they'll soon find themselves in another van I'm keeping for various duties.

FF to 2017 and after considerable searching found that same outfit again BUT their prices had ballooned to a bit over $300 for the same set, shipping adding almost another $50, that being from a host of BS issues they claimed forced them to charge that much. Wow---so the hunt began again and I found Decor Auto in Los Angeles. They were far far above any other outfit I'd contacted, sent samples without charging me, talked personally with Sue the owner---a match made in heaven. Here's the site: https://decorauto.com/ The photo gallery is fun to see.

From mild to wild and everything in between they're as good as I've seen and IMHO very fair priced for great quality. They don't take a back seat to any other brand.

I highly recommend giving them a look see and if the mood strikes you support a smallish shop trying to do good work for fair cost and maximum customer satisfaction.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #4
Site Team

Has anyone tried the Ballistic seat covers from CoverKing? They use 1000 denier fabric.

Herb
Old 03-24-2020, 10:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Has anyone tried the Ballistic seat covers from CoverKing? They use 1000 denier fabric.

Herb

Just installed these. Super high quality, great fit and finish. Seems like they are going to be pretty durable but have only had them on for about a week.
jredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:09 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jredone View Post
Just installed these. Super high quality, great fit and finish. Seems like they are going to be pretty durable but have only had them on for about a week.

Thanks jredone. Did you get the standard seat covers or the tactical ones with the molle panel on the backside?

Herb
Old 03-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Thanks jredone. Did you get the standard seat covers or the tactical ones with the molle panel on the backside?

Herb
Black tactical with Molle panel. Came with 6 “Skanda” pouches equally great quality. I know when I was searching for covers couldn’t really find anything about them in a Van so I’ll try to get a few photos for ya today.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:09 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jredone View Post
Black tactical with Molle panel. Came with 6 “Skanda” pouches equally great quality. I know when I was searching for covers couldn’t really find anything about them in a Van so I’ll try to get a few photos for ya today.

I appreciate that, but I looking for covers for my Excursion, not a van.

Herb
Old 03-25-2020, 07:54 PM   #9

Thanks everyone! The Coverking look like just what I am after! Cheers
2010 BMW GSA 30th
medicfernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicfernando View Post
Thanks everyone! The Coverking look like just what I am after! Cheers
My current opinion you will not be disappointed.

Cheers!!