Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2020, 03:42 PM   #11
lbp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronsonn View Post
It’s permanently installed attached is a picture. it’s a bit challenging to photograph well. The UV filter is behind the carbon filter. The unit is about 9” deep but with the plumbing it has it takes up 14” but could be decreased a bit depending on fittings. The filter unit extends 6” out from the side of the cabinet. Getting a builder who normally doesn’t install this could be a challenge. If you wanted to install yourself afterwards make sure they provide a power lead for the UV but that might not be something they want to do, if no power then you should be able to find a carbon filter of similar size if there is room in the cabinet.
Hi Ronsson - thanks for the information. The picture is really helpful. I would love a UV filter, so what I may do is just start out with a Brita type filter and then once I have a good sense of the space that we need to use under the sink, and see how much room is left, I can try and install something. Not sure about the wiring, but I may be able to tap in to outlets that are in the galley.

lbp is offline   Reply With Quote