Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2022, 11:25 AM   #21

There is a general disrespect for the land and other people's property these days that wasn't there years ago. That's why the restrictions and closures are happening.

50+ years ago I was introduced to Nevada courtesy of the US Navy. First thing I did was buy a dirt bike and start exploring the outback. It was wonderful having all that public land, wide open for everyone, compared to where I came from back east. In my explorations I came across line camps, cow camps, mining camps, etc....there would be old cabins, still in great shape, with shelves stocked with food and water and a little stove for heat or cooking. I photographed all of them, and I'm very glad I did. They've all been vandalized or completely destroyed. Now when I come across an old cabin it has been shot up, windows broken out...only a stove pipe left in the ceiling because the stove itself was stolen. Even worse, some radicals who are calling themselves "environmentalists" are destroying public safety equipment. Here's a photo I took of a solar panel that was destroyed on a mountain here in northern Nevada. This panel powered a radio repeater for all public safety communications in the area...and in the nearby Sierra Club register, the idiot bragged about the destruction, claiming such evidence of humans should not exist in the mountains.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01714r.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	42522

Old 09-19-2023, 07:49 AM   #22

You’re right on bro
canam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 07:53 AM   #23

I live in Oregon, BLM and forest service can’t manage anything anymore all the burn trees just goes to waste no management whatsoever push the burn trees to the side of the road and leave them. It’s disgusting how much money they waste. millions of dollars just left to rot doesn’t make any sense to me. You won’t believe it unless you see it for yourself. They won’t show you what they’re doing.
canam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 11:38 AM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post
I live in Oregon, BLM and forest service can’t manage anything anymore all the burn trees just goes to waste no management whatsoever push the burn trees to the side of the road and leave them. It’s disgusting how much money they waste. millions of dollars just left to rot doesn’t make any sense to me. You won’t believe it unless you see it for yourself. They won’t show you what they’re doing.
Canam, as a retired Forest Service employee let me direct you to an example of where you can find information of ongoing Forest Service projects. Just an example, but every forest should have a similar web page where you can go to find current projects (I used the Deschutes N.F.)

https://www.fs.usda.gov/projects/des...ement/projects

To be included in future project notifications, just sign up online to be e-mailed when they are added (you will need to sign-up for each N.F. you're interested in).

As far as the F.S. not showing the public what they're doing, that's definitely not the agencies intention. They are constantly asking for public comments through a series of in person project "open houses", online public comment opportunities and sometimes even public field trips to project sites.

While I cannot comment on the specific waste of timber you're referencing, you could actually call the local FS District Office and speak directly to the Forester in charge. Typically Timber Salvage Sales must go through Congressionally required NEPA planning processes which are sometimes lengthy and involved.

Hope this helps a little...
Old 09-21-2023, 12:14 AM   #25
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
So the incompetent government is battling against it's moron population and the rich people with Sportsmobiles are suffering the consequences?

Am I getting that right? I should do some research I heard. I hope that when I retire from the real world I don't have the free time to read a billion page government document that details public notices that they are legally obligated to do. For more exciting news I'd rather be on YouTube watching OAN or the flat earth people tell me how to wake up and smell the tyranny.

Or I'll just go camping and be thankful I can still find my happy place away from the kooks on the internet.
Thanks for the sanity update...I gave up watching the news too...I like KTG, outdoors, Sporty, camping...and the rest I put up with until I can rinse and repeat
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 05:56 AM   #26

Agreed, this forum has always been a welcome getaway from the divisive and polarized...ummm....rest of the internet. I thank the mods and the mature community here for that. I hope it stays that way.

Thanks Steve C for what you do, or did and hopefully you are enjoying retirement. There is no perfect government as there are no perfect people, seeing as how the government is made up of actual people, though it's hard to believe if you just watch the headlines.

I'm as guilty as anyone for occasionally throwing blame.

Still lots of places to enjoy these fun machines we choose to play with, let's keep the focus on the good things.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote