Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #1

Calling out 86Scotty!

I'm calling out 86Scotty....as the most helpful, kind, and experienced mentor on my SMB journey!

I've come across many wonderful folks even since I started shopping for these rigs over 6 months ago. Some of the best folks I've met (Ramsey comes to mind). But Eric takes the cake.

Before I even bought Rusty, Eric was helping me with my MANY questions. As well as the fact that because of him I had a detailed build-out and history on Rusty.

After Rusty was purchased he invited me to his home to give it a run through, answer questions, show me all the cool things about it. He ended up devoting 2 days to it with me getting work done that I'm confident no other shop could have. I ended up leaving with a far better (and cooler) rig than I started and a wealth of knowledge about my new adventure-mobile.

To this day Eric helps me with all my questions and figuring out things I don't yet understand. He's put me onto diagnoses, campsites, tips and tricks I never would have known otherwise. None of that even counts the posts of his I was reading when I first started stalking SMBforum.

Just wanted to take a quick moment to publicly thank Eric for the hospitality, knowledge, support, and just being an awesome dude in general. Glad to have crossed paths with you on the forum and in person. Not many like you out there brother. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0356.jpg  

Nomadic Neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:04 PM   #2

Garage
I second that motion. Eric has been incredibly kind and generous to me, sharing his knowledge and analysis as I have searched for the right van for me. I feel very lucky to know you, Eric!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #3

Jim you were great too my friend. Super helpful through the whole process. Thanks!
Nomadic Neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #4

So he made it even cooler after you bought it?! I agree, Eric is a good dude! Looks like Rusty you brought Rusty to the West Coast. If you ever make it up to the Central Coast (San Luis Obispo), let me know! I'd love to check it out and grab a brew.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #5

Well damn, thanks y'all! Just doin' what I like to do.

At that moment I was grinding bolts off a homemade spare carrier to replace with an Aluminess rack. This was the 'quick' way to do it............which still took 2 days due to 8 or 9 unforeseen problems. Also, I'm so glad Austin got me on the day my Dad obviously dressed me, dark socks with shorts and all.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote