Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #1

Can't fill water tank

Just picked up our new Rb150 Sprinter 4x4 last week, and we're roaming around on so cal coast. Our first attempt to fill the fresh water tank failed. We connected to a city water line, turned off the water pump, and opened what I'm sure must be the fill valve. Water does not flow into the tank. Nothing happens. I can close the fill valve, and open the city water valve below the sink, and water flows successfully to the sink faucet. So I know that water is at least making it to the inside of the van. This seems like such a simple operation, I can't believe we can't get it working. Any ideas what I should look for?

WestyToSMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:16 PM   #2

Re: Can't fill water tank

To be more specific, this picture shows what I think is the tank fill valve in the open position.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage

You're talking about the gray valve at the water tank is open and no water is going in? I don't think I have a valve under the sink.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #4

Daveb, the fill valve I'm talking about is the chrome one I am pointing to on the picture. This is under the seat. The other valve I mentioned, which is under the sink, is only used to allow city water to flow directly from city water connection directly to faucet, bypassing the tank.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:08 PM   #5

I guess you should try your manual, I can see your picture in Tapatalk and it is not the gray valve that I am familiar with and that Dave is talking about. It seems to me the valve under the sink would turn it off from either city water or tank. Sorry can't help much but it appears they have changed the design. Can you try the opening right above that valve you are pointing to?

Greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #6
Site Team

Garage

^^^I agree with Greg. Sorry, I can't open a picture like that so I'm not sure what you're pointing to. Perhaps if you post in the Sprinter section you might get a quicker answer from those who have a similar vehicle.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:15 PM   #7

Greg, the opening right above the fill valve is used with the short hose when you want to fill the tank from a bucket. Since turkey at grandmas will be served soon, we decided to use the following work around: we opened the valve under the sink so that city water could come through the sink faucet. Then we used the short hose that came with our van, and connected it to the manual fill opening on the tank. The other end of that short hose was just held underneath the faucet, and we contrôlée the volume of the faucet to just pour water into the hose. This filled the tank easily for now to three quarters of the way. We will talk to sports Mobile next Monday and figure out the rest of the issue. I will update this post after that. Thanks a bunch to all who responded, and especially great.

Here is a picture of the workaround.

Note: I have a hunch that only those who use Tapatalk are able to see my photo links, since Tappa talk uploaded them to one of their servers and furnished the link. Maybe I can replace these photos with the ones that I have uploaded to the forum gallery once I get back to my mac.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
^^^I agree with Greg. Sorry, I can't open a picture like that so I'm not sure what you're pointing to. Perhaps if you post in the Sprinter section you might get a quicker answer from those who have a similar vehicle.
Here ya go...

gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #9

is that another valve on the bottom? I understand the work around, but could you have just come straight to that fill, from the city water hose?

greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #10
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77
is that another valve on the bottom? I understand the work around, but could you have just come straight to that fill, from the city water hose?

greg
X2

BTW thanks GCVT, not a tapa talk dude.