Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2018, 11:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04QuadBear View Post
There is room above the cab to stow a bit of gear. There is plenty of room above the bed to keep bedding installed.
Same with midtop.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04QuadBear View Post
depeneding on where you are located I bet there are some members near you that you could get in one and see for yourself. If you are in the northwest I would be happy to meet you.
Thanks! I'm in Madison, so quite a ways. I'll likely look at some rigs in Loveland when I go out there but I'm definitely leaning toward the high top based on the input here. Really appreciate it!
VantheDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirehead View Post
Besides, after you put all the other goodies on it you don't notice the top so much, ha, ha.
It doesn't look bad on yours. Nice rig! Thank you for your comments.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #14

Here are a few of ours pre and post CCV top install
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4075.jpg   IMG_6110.jpg   IMG_6111.jpg  
04QuadBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #15
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
I’ve posted this on some other threads, I also wanted to hide the looks of the high top with some added goodies.....rack and light bars
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2203.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	22647
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
I’ve posted this on some other threads, I also wanted to hide the looks of the high top with some added goodies.....rack and light bars
Attachment 22647
Thanks REF. It's bad a$$!

Hey, I'm curious how you are getting on with the dark color? My van is black too and I've considered repainting but wary of the expense. How is the temperature for you? Bearable?
Old 09-07-2018, 09:49 PM   #17
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Mine’s the dark green. Yes, I suppose the darker color would obviously be hotter, but I’m not about to repaint it. I don’t have any experience with a lighter color van to compare. I’ve made reflectix cutout inserts for all the lower windows and about to make a set to fit in the upper canvas windows that I can switch to whatever the sunny side is, makes a huge difference in interior temps, that along with the fantastic fan and windows open on the shade side.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #18

We had the CCV high top put on versus the mid top. I maybe strange, but like the look of the high top on an EB body. Like the extra storage over the cab and in the back. I am 5'7 and can walk around with the top down. We have 1/2" plywood floor, insulation and 1/4" vinyl plank flooring. We also went with the full cut out. When you put the 3 panels up top, there is a lot of room to walk around. Really like working with the folks at CCV. Derek and Aaron were a huge help in getting our van in and done on schedule.
GVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #19

I put the high top (12") on top of a high top promaster. We LOVE it. To prevent a 6' fall from loft to the floor, we cut our loft access hole in the rear over another bed. I can't say enough good things about CCV.

I am in St Paul if you would like to see it. - JF
Attached Thumbnails
PMCCV Top Up.jpg   PMCCVRearHoleCut.jpg  
JohnForde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #20

High top

I also reccomend the high top. I went further and also had them do the optional additional cutout. Essentially what they do there is they cut the support crossbeams in 2 foot wide sections. This provides you the full roof interior appearance, minus the standard opening in the front to climb up. Once the top is up, you then have the ability to lift out three of the crossbeams allowing for a full open unencumbered area stretching from the headliner by the driver and passenger seats all the way back to the ceiling ac vent. Its huge when weather is sketchy and you are inside. I'm 6 8 also so that was much a appreciated addition...or subtraction. Enjoy
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote