Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #91

Re: Change in Administration

We had 15 or so vans over New Years in Anza Borrego and 10 or so last summer up off Sonora Pass.

Both informal show up if you want kind of affairs.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:34 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR
Anyone here go to Burning Man? I've never been but it's on my bucket list.
Several people here have. Some are regular attendees. I've never been but it sounds like fun.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:04 PM   #93

Jage, big thanks for starting & running this forum. It has been a helpful resource for me. Although I don't contribute much to the conversation I read virtually all posts and have learned a lot. I never knew there was a donation link on the site or I would have donated. If there is a way to donate to support still I'm in.

I'll be sticking around to see how things go. Hopefully the forum will retain the same personality under the new owners.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #94

JAge thank you very much for this forum. I forged many life long friendships because of it. So many great moments and experiences. I wish you all the best.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #95

Jage - Thank you for starting this forum and bringing it from the stone age of a Yahoo Group to a modern forum filled with features. You've helped our community grow immensely and as far as I'm concerned, you should be enshirined in the halls of Sportsmobile. As an original member of this forum, a past Admin, and a great enthusiast of Sportsmobiles, my greatest appreciation goes out to you for what you have done.

AndyR - Thank you for picking up our forum and not letting it fall into the internet abyss. There is a lot of great information, pictures and stories here that would be a shame to lose. Changes are inevitable but I hope, to the greatest extent possible, you keep our members' wishes in mind with changes to the forum. For me personally, banner ads aren't bad as long as they don't clutter up the readability of the content, with pop up ads being the worst offenders and the thing most likely to keep me away from a forum.

We have great members on this forum, most of whom are willing to help with various problems that crop up with our vans, share stories of their adventures and tips on every facet of Sportsmobile life. It's this great attitude of our members that makes this forum what it is, regardless of the company or platform that hosts it.

-Joey
aluminum radiator, X-Monitor with pyro, trans temp, boost
+ Scan Gauge & SCT Live Wire (Economy)
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:07 AM   #96

Somehow I missed this news, look forward to the future!
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:47 AM   #97

And for my very first post...

Jage, or as I refer to you, "guy with cat photo", thanks for this amazing forum. I've been lurking for so long I forgot I wasn't a member. I've owned a dodge getaway van, currently own a 4x4 chevy homebuilt van, and just recently purchased a 2006 E350 Quigley. This forum and the members were a huge motivation and influence to buy the Quigley. The support, knowledge, and camaraderie on this forum is unlike anything I've seen before.

Andy, welcome to the forum. This site is an invaluable resource that I hope continues to flourish.
1984 Dodge B250 Get-Away-Van camper conversion (sold)
neatvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #98

Wow have been off the forum for too long.

Thanks Jage for building up this great island on internet, allowing us to share and meet.

Welcome to the new team and keep the spirit.
Andrew
AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #99
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Great, and congrats! BUT...could we get the pics in the reply back? The ads on the side are fine, but the rest is pure overload making me hate those products more and more each time I see them flashing where a cool picture of a SMB or someplace/location it has taken them to...good luck, and thanks again for updating a truly wonderful site...
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:27 PM   #100
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Jage!!! WOwowowow!!! Ahhh, from my first peek in the beginning days when the internet was young and sites were even younger...as I saw that white SMB heading away from Vail as we were heading into the valley, moving over to let them go by....eyes popping out of our heads thinking...."thats exactly what we need!!" As we were sleeping in a custom built bed in the BACK of our MDX, driving Death Valley, Northern Grand Canyon,Padre Natl. seashore etc....ALWAYS wishing we had some bigger option, better 4x4....then "search" "Sportsmobile" and the rest is history....you should be getting a HUGE check from Sportsmobile Inc., Aluminess, Quadvan, UJoint, Advanced, Quigley, and a host of other manufaturers for ALL THE PRODUCTS YOU SOLD indirectly/directly because of people that were able to ask questions and feel as comfortable as you can when making such an investment....I mean REALLY!!! Thank you for getting me hooked up with the coolest most entertaining, life altering, attitude adjusting single piece of matter (aside from my wife eh) in my life....thank you, thank you, thank you....You did a great thing!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote