Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #51

Re: Change in Administration

Thanks for all your hard work over the years Jage! I know Sportsmobile owners and enthusiasts are all very appreciative of what you and the forum community have put together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
And finally, it sure would be nice to see SMB North, Texas and West actually engaging on this forum. This is a HUGE marketing asset for them (well, except for a few certain build threads ;-) and I've always been shocked that they basically ignore it officially.
Sportsmobile does keep an eye on the forum, but we choose not to participate all that often. Some think Sportsmobile should get more involved, while others tell me that it is best not to get too involved with posts. I personally feel like the forum is a place for owners, enthusiasts, and potential customers to interact together without too much chiming in from the "business"...almost makes it feel more pure if you know what I mean. Sportsmobile is always happy to answer questions and we are easy to get in touch with via phone and e-mail if someone wants our opinion on a subject or answer to a question.

Welcome Andy! I hope this forum can continue its great success!

-Jonathan Feld
Sportsmobile West
j.feld@sportsmobile.com

Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR
I highlighted the part that addresses your concern. It's not an unlimited license. If we took your photos and started to sell shirts, that wouldn't be cool and IMO would be illegal. If we wanted to use your image on shirts to sell we would contact you and ask for your approval and/or offer to pay you for the image.
We don't need to get into a whole discussion here. If you want rights to all the content, that is up to you.

That said, "limited" doesn't really mean anything unless the limits are defined. And if you will only use the content on the website, why not just say so in the agreement?

My concern is I (and others) don't want a corporation to have rights to all my content and photos.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:14 PM   #53

Thank you Jage for keeping up this forum! Thank you, you've done a fine job.
It has been a good family here. I hope it continues.

As they say, nothing stays the same - time marches on...

Bon Voyage
Old 05-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #54

Quote:
I hope there is no plan to remove the SMB-focus of the site and make it a general campervan/class B forum
AndyR already owns a Class B forum:

http://www.classbforum.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 64&p=27665

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:53 PM   #55
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANZAC
Quote:
I hope there is no plan to remove the SMB-focus of the site and make it a general campervan/class B forum
AndyR already owns a Class B forum:
http://www.classbforum.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 64&p=27665
That's right. In the past I used my F250 to tow my Airstream. I lent it to a friend over Christmas and he totaled it. I was actually exploring the idea if getting a van for my next tow vehicle. That's when I started poking around and ran across Class B Forum.

With vans on my mind I decided to touch base with Jeremiah again (I first contacted him in 2013) to see how things were going. Low and behold the timing was right so here we are.

As for a tow vehicle, I'm still looking. A van is not out of the question but my wife and I share cars (since I work from home). In the past the F250 was our 3rd vehicle, bought it used and didn't put very many miles on it. My wife didn't enjoy driving it because she thought it was too big/hard to drive. I always felt guilty looking outside and seeing the nice truck collect pollen from our neighbors tree. Now I think it would be best to only have two vehicles which can both sleep at night in the garage. So I'm thinking we trade in the Honda Odyssey for an Expedition with the new v6 EcoBoost Turbo (which is only 6" longer than the minivan).

I love SMBs, they are bad ass. In college I drove a 3/4 Suburban on 35" with a tricked out 454. I love big trucks and go anywhere capabilities. An SMB and an alone trip through the Rockies sounds like the perfect mancation. One day it'll be my turn :-)
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
I love SMBs, they are bad ass. In college I drove a 3/4 Suburban on 35" with a tricked out 454. I love big trucks and go anywhere capabilities. An SMB and an alone trip through the Rockies sounds like the perfect mancation. One day it'll be my turn :-)
I feel astro-turfed. (You own 47 forums....)

I don't want to sound rude, but just stick to telling us the good things you are going to do to the site.

"A job worth doing is worth doing at least twice."
ANZAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #57
Site Team

Sorry you feel that way, I'm just speaking the truth. You can either take me at my word you can try and spin it into mega corp taking over. Yes, I own a lot of forums. I've been successful at running them and that success has afforded opportunities to acquire more neat site. As so many have noted, this place is very special, I know that and have a vested interest in not screwing it up.

I know it won't matter to you but our corporate office is a spare bedroom in my house. Janet was an Admin on one of my sites and I asked her if she could help me keep an eye on other sites when I started to grow. Jeff (TechAdmin) is also a member on one of my forums. We have two people who help man the help desk, both forum members, Andy S our designer, once again a forum member. They are all great people I met through my forums. So yeah, things have grown, but we are a very small company and not some faceless mega corporation.

I understand what you all are saying about going from a small original founder owned site to being owned by a business. I get it. Please give me an opportunity to earn your trust through our actions.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:52 PM   #58

Having been a professional photographer, I always check a sites terms before posting images. Andy's terms are much better than others that I have seen. Keep in mind that all websites that you post to have something like it.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:09 PM   #59
Dia

Hmm, the timing is awkward for me. See, as soon as we got back from our Memorial Day trip, I was planning to send in my donation. Yes, I could wait and support the new forum instead, but I really wanted this one to go to Jage. I confess that I've also grown attached the to the shiny medallions and wanted one as a little badge of forum pride.

So, is there any way I can still send a little something to Jage?
Old 05-20-2015, 09:24 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
its an addiction i never saw coming......
Me neither for the most part...the first Sportsmobile that I saw was in my neighborhood about 17 years ago....never met the owner and they moved away years ago but that van was stuck in my head.

Thanks Jage! I've met great folks here.......I was just at Agile at lunch today talking to Ramsey about brakes......and went to Moab and Flagstaff with Nick last week.......
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote