Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2015, 10:34 AM   #81

Re: Change in Administration

AndyR,

The older I get, the harder it is to accept change. In time I hope the forum grows and becomes better than ever. I would highly encourage you (and other forum members) to go camping for a weekend with a few SMB's. Meet up with a group and have a few beers. Who knows, we might even talk you into buying something in the classifieds.

Kyle

Old 05-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #82
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildadog
AndyR,

The older I get, the harder it is to accept change. In time I hope the forum grows and becomes better than ever. I would highly encourage you (and other forum members) to go camping for a weekend with a few SMB's. Meet up with a group and have a few beers. Who knows, we might even talk you into buying something in the classifieds.

Kyle
Andy,

Where are you located? I will soon be returning to Las Vegas after having lived in Wyoming for 2 1/2 years. I have been known to coordinate a few Sportsmobile meet and greets. We had a great one at the Valley of Fire a few years ago where there were 28 SMBs at the same place at the same time. It was a great event. Perhaps we can do it again and give you an opportunity to meet some very fine people.

Hopefully our paths will cross soon.

Mac
Old 05-29-2015, 02:59 PM   #83
Site Team

It would be great to meet up with some members and check out their SMBs. We split our time between Dallas/Ft Worth area and an island in Brazil called Florianopolis (where my wife is from). We are just wrapping up a year abroad and heading back to Texas in July.

tildadog - I keep peaking in the classifieds. I've also been following some of the build threads. I'd love to own an SMB but the right time in my life to purchase one is probably 5 years away. Right now I've got these little girls and doing the responsible family grind. As they become adolescent girls I'm gonna need out of the house and that's when an SMB would be perfect.

If we get a chance to meetup you can count me in to bring some beers.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:34 PM   #84

Wow, Go away for a few days and come back to a Big Change.
Jage, THANKS AGAIN for all you have done to set up this site. It is priceless to a SMB owner. Because of it, lots of problems have been solved, ideas created and endless money spent on SMB's. I certainly understand the demands it created and with 2 little ones. I'm impressed as to how smoothly it has run.
It has been great to meet up with many of you and I hope it continues to do the same in the future.

Andy, I hope you can keep it as friendly and similar as it was.

Lets plan a SMB Meetup for the fall, I'll help if we can come up with a location,

Paul
Old 05-29-2015, 04:00 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR
It would be great to meet up with some members and check out their SMBs. We split our time between Dallas/Ft Worth area and an island in Brazil called Florianopolis (where my wife is from). We are just wrapping up a year abroad and heading back to Texas in July.

tildadog - I keep peaking in the classifieds. I've also been following some of the build threads. I'd love to own an SMB but the right time in my life to purchase one is probably 5 years away. Right now I've got these little girls and doing the responsible family grind. As they become adolescent girls I'm gonna need out of the house and that's when an SMB would be perfect.

If we get a chance to meetup you can count me in to bring some beers.
Floripa? You might not be half bad.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #86

A meet and greet sounds god to me.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:07 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbonesclimber
Lets plan a SMB Meetup for the fall, I'll help if we can come up with a location
How about Florianópolis?
Old 05-29-2015, 05:27 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwteleman
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbonesclimber
Lets plan a SMB Meetup for the fall, I'll help if we can come up with a location
How about Florianópolis?
Andy's flying us all down to hang out at his place? I'm in.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:45 PM   #89
Site Team

Bring it! It's a pretty fun place. They don't call it the island of Magic for nothing. The days are getting short now with the winter solstice a few weeks away. By far the best time of year to visit is between Christmas and Carnival. The dollar is pretty strong now to which is a bonus.

How often have the meet and greets happened, like the one Mac organized at Valley of Fire?

I think it's important to support offline events. On the Airstream site we run little banners to promote them and have an RSVP system on the calendar. Many of them are small informal "hey I'm going camping here" type deals that end up being a half dozen to a dozen members meeting up. Some of them turn into annual events with nearly 100 units attending. What ever we can do to help, let me know.

Anyone here go to Burning Man? I've never been but it's on my bucket list.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #90
Site Team

Meet and greets only occur when someone wants to organize them. They are few and far between. The Valley of Fire meet was a big deal, but that's only because I like to organize things like that. Once I am settled in Vegas I may be willing to do it again.