Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2022, 07:34 PM   #41

I think I need to find and check each hose to make sure. I'm 90% positive I've bypassed the OEM tank but I'll double check.
Thanks!

mwinfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:58 PM   #42
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepShagger View Post
Check you really did bypass the OEM tank with the plumbing. if you did, use a pressure test in the system. Any bad hose can cause a leak, and there are a number of them, but the OEM tank is the main failure point
Along with the tank or reservoir proper installation and operation of the check valve is equally important. Good point on checking all hoses as any leak in one or more of them will mostly negate the reservoir/check valve assembly.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:56 PM   #43

I have the same problem, two visits to the mechanic, and I still have the issue when under load, its a real PIA to replace the OEM box. Two mechanics and no resolution.
Lcavalletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:09 PM   #44
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcavalletti View Post
I have the same problem, two visits to the mechanic, and I still have the issue when under load, its a real PIA to replace the OEM box. Two mechanics and no resolution.
Who installed the parts you've added or replaced? What instructions did they use?

Repeating myself the ONLY way bypassing the original vacuum reservoir and check valve while still in their factory location does NOT work is some fault with installing the recommended components as listed here. For most of us the eventual solution was one of trial & error but we've done our best to describe this repair as best we can. Use what you find here as THE guide to solve this problem nearly every E-Series regardless of engine/fuel type will possibly encounter during it's life.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:07 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Along with the tank or reservoir proper installation and operation of the check valve is equally important. Good point on checking all hoses as any leak in one or more of them will mostly negate the reservoir/check valve assembly.
I haven’t look at the instructions of the kit you bought, but I assume you had to run a new pipe from the reservoir to the passenger footwell. Simply disconnect that pipe from the reservoir and put a pressure tester on it (very cheap to buy). If it leaks then you need to start looking at all the crap under the dash, if not you know it’s reservoir/check valve/vacuum pump etc.
I can’t remember the exact layout as I did mine years ago and made my own reservoir from PVC pipe, but you should be able to test it easily with something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Pr...-1-spons&psc=1
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:30 AM   #46
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepShagger View Post
I haven’t look at the instructions of the kit you bought, but I assume you had to run a new pipe from the reservoir to the passenger footwell. Simply disconnect that pipe from the reservoir and put a pressure tester on it (very cheap to buy). If it leaks then you need to start looking at all the crap under the dash, if not you know it’s reservoir/check valve/vacuum pump etc.
I didn't buy a kit, simply assembled my own parts which included an OEM vacuum reservoir and OEM check valve, used high quality silicone tubing.

I'll add my own article posted on FTE's Van's tech folder: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-controls.html

For the most part the steps I took there are much the same as other successful repairs have used too.