Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2021, 11:10 AM   #1

Colorado 4x4 Shops

Hi, I am looking for a good 4x4 shop in Colorado. I realize some people might be hesitant to suggest shops for various reasons, but I won't hold any grudges if something was to go wrong. In the end it's my choice who I go with. I also don't want to start a thread bashing companies, so please just list companies you have had good experiences with.

I live in a rural area and don't have access to many mechanics who can work on my van. I have used someone local and was not happy about the cost or the work.

I currently have a bastardized Quigley conversion on an 03 Ford E-350. The rear was upgraded with agile offroad's RIP package a couple of years ago, but I couldn't upgrade the front. I also worked with agile to replace the front shocks and steering stabilizer to Fox equipment. The last Owner converted the front suspension to leaf springs and removed the original shocks, coils, control arms, etc. The axle is still a quigley.

I am looking for a mechanic who can improve the current ride and do an overall analysis of the front suspension and drivetrain. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Cheers!

RingTheAlarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 04:08 PM   #2

Where in Colorado? Plenty of 4*4 shops in mountains and western slope. A few in the front range. Lots of ground to cover
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:24 PM   #3

Garage
You might give Timberline Vans a call. They do conversions, but I don't know if they do repair/upgrade work (they're pretty darned busy).

https://www.4x4vans.com
Old 03-28-2021, 09:07 PM   #4

I’m 20 minutes west of Glenwood springs, but I don’t mind driving to the front range as I go there often. Same with Grand Junction.

Thanks Wander, I’ll give them a call.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheAlarm View Post
I’m 20 minutes west of Glenwood springs, but I don’t mind driving to the front range as I go there often. Same with Grand Junction.

Thanks Wander, I’ll give them a call.
Off-road Designs is in Carbondale. Is that who you went to?
Old 03-30-2021, 04:00 PM   #6

No it's not. Offroad only sells parts they don't work on customer vehicles. Have you used them before?
Old 03-31-2021, 12:01 AM   #7
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Try Don at Boulder offroad vans, email is best to get a reply. I’d stay away from John’s 4X4

https://boulderoffroadvans.com/
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 07:52 PM   #8

Far from you but Derek at Colorado Camper Vans is pretty good at improving Quigleys and doing full conversions, isn't he? Not sure if he still does them but he used to.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTheAlarm View Post
No it's not. Offroad only sells parts they don't work on customer vehicles. Have you used them before?
No but I just used Rockworx in Montrose. Go to any 4x4 jeep shop. No need to go to a van specific place. The suspension and drivetrain isn't complicated. Rifle seems to have a few places.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:07 AM   #10

I also would suggest Don Hinz at Boulder Offroad Vans -- actually located in Lafayette near Erie --
rickschwolsky is offline   Reply With Quote