Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2018, 04:47 PM   #1

Conversion companies

Looking to convert a newer Chevy express to 4wd and lift. Quigley vs Advanced 4wd would like pros and cons of any experience of those who are running the Chevy's from either of the companies. My understanding they use same components. You can PM me if you like as I'm not promoting any negative toward either company but opinions of owners would be great. Thanks

Lakefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:53 PM   #2

I would be surprised if Quigley would convert anything used.

The first company that comes to my mind for for a Chevy is Boulder Offroad in Boulder, CO.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:44 PM   #3

Weldtech Designs does Chevy conversions

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product-c...x4-conversion/
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:26 PM   #4
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
Weldtech Design does Chevy conversions

They do a 2wd kit as far as I know, but not sure on the 4x4 for weldtec. I may stand corrected on this... Hopefully they'll chime in.

HA just check the link and realize they do a 4x4 which is pretty AWESOME!!!

Boulder off road is your best bet for a chevy 4x4 conversion for a used rig, the last two I've seen were pretty nice all most nice enough for me to consider a Chevy some day
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
Weldtech Design does Chevy conversions

Yep, Weldtec looks to be a converter if Chevy’s as well. Check out both Boulder and Weldtec. Where are you located?

I have not direct experience with either co’s Chevy conversions but I have had experience with both. Both struck me as good to work with.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:49 PM   #6

Depends on where you live and what you want. Boulder does solid axle only from what I understand. Clydesdale up in BC Canada does a really sweet riding conversion as well from what I’ve heard. Weldtec has been doing some good work on putting out stuff for GM vans but I’ve not heard or seen anything on an actual conversion from them other than the item on their site. Email or call them to see. Again, where you live may play a big role in this. For what it’s worth, I love my Quigley especially after getting custom tuned shocks. I think they do used conversions as long as it meets some age and mileage requirements.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:50 AM   #7
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Come on OP (are you still there?) and to all the other new and some old members out there, it would really help us out if you PLEASE FILL IN THE BASICS ON YOUR PROFILE PAGE!!!.....don’t be shy, tell us where you live, at least give us the state.

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:41 PM   #8

Garage
G'day.

Please don't go with Advanced 4WD Systems. Since vehicle arrived in Australia, have had front and rear leaf packs completely rebuilt. Handmade one off system.
Advanced had flat leaf packs, partiially inverted down Kerb clearance was apalling. Now has 6"lift with new 3 leaf large extra heavy duty parabolic front spring pack and 2 additional thick extra heavy leafs on rear to make 7 leafs, springs were heated and re-set.
Was amazing yesterday in sand dunes north of Perth, Western Australia, going down 30° sand slopes.
6.0 V8 diesel EB50 plan 4.3 tons, in H2 just chugged along up & down dunes, with 285x70x17 Cooper ST Maxx Discoverers at 20lbs, effortlessly.
I had my son with his Jeep JK with 35 & lifted 6" and two other Jeeps as help, in case I got stuck, but Ford diesel V8 Sportsmobile 4x4 just handled itself well.
Go with Weldtec, Ujoint or Agile Offroad.
Cheers Doug
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote