Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2022, 08:57 PM   #11

I had them in a van. The ceramic ones. Don't recall the brand.

Worked well although an abrupt stop would lead to a strange noise of the beads coming to a halt and dropping down. Not loud or often enough to really bother me, just took getting used to if I had the windows open and had to stand on the brakes.

Old 01-27-2022, 10:53 AM   #12

You have some other issue if you have never had a set that were balanced. You should check your Shocks, Bushings, Springs and your Motor mounts and Transmission Mount,. If your Transmission mount is old replace it.. They dont show signs of wear ( unless yours is torn) but a worn out mount will cause horrible shaking at most speeds. This took me about 1000 miles to find driving across country. MY Transmission mount looked find.. But when compared to the new one it was rather soft. Its easy to swap and for me it fixed my issues that felt like a bad wheel balance. So Check All of your Mounts, Bearings, Springs and Shocks. And of course your Bushings / tie rods etc.
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 11:55 AM   #13

I am on my second set of BFG KO A/T's on my 03 E350 SMB 4X4.
I have terrible issues with the "death wobble". After changing out various steering components and a new set of BFG's we used Counteract Balancing Beads in all 4 tires. BINGO no more "wobble" and never had to have the tires rebalanced in their 60,000 of life. I'm now on my second set of tires and second Counter Balance in all 4 tires. I have never had any issues starting out, at low speeds and at top end for me (70 MPH) no issues. I have tire pressure that has ranged from 50 psi to 75 psi and no difference in the tire balance.
I'm a true believer in the worth of the beads system. As I mentioned I have not had to have the wheels balanced during the duration of the tire life. They get a A+ from me.
HIGHCOUNTRY 2003 Ford E350 EB, SMB, 7.3, 4X4 300,000 miles
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote