Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #31

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I’m actually starting to lean towards selling this one for several reasons. Mostly though I think it just make more sense to find something that’s already closer to what I’m looking for since I don’t have a whole lot of free time between the job and other projects I have going on. I could prob get by with the 4.6 with some mods and tuning. Shoot I could drive it till it dies and rebuild it with a 4.8 or 5.0 stroker kit or even do a 5.4 swap. All said and done would love to just find a lifted 2wd or 4x4 E250 with a 5.4 and the 5 speed tranny that I could start over with. I’ve had a couple false starts with this build that didn’t work out like I planned and kinda pissed me off actually. Had a stereo shop do some interior work that did not happen the way I wanted but was leaving town the next day and did not have the time to dispute the job so had to suck it up and go. Maybe starting over with a slightly better platform would be less headache in the long run.

Vanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:35 PM   #32

FYI - The 5-speed TorqueShift was only offered behind the V10 and Powerstroke with van body. Only Cutaways got the 5.4L + TorqueShift. But I'm really liking some of those cutaway conversions... might have to do one myself one of these days....
Old 06-08-2020, 05:56 AM   #33

That’s interesting. I found this spec sheet stating the 5 speed as an option for the 5.4 E250.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...ries_Specs.pdf
Old 06-08-2020, 06:01 AM   #34

Just noticed that the spec sheet is for ALL E-series not just the 250 but does show the 5 speed as an option for the 5.4 engine at least for 2014.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:09 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
FYI - Only Cutaways got the 5.4L + TorqueShift.
OOHHH... Just caught that part. Sorry it’s early... And thank you.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:10 AM   #36

Would still like that combo. The lower first gear could def be a benny.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:03 PM   #37

Not wishing to hijack the thread. This may be somewhat relevant. 2014 E150 2WD aka Pudgy the Flying Pig. Just finished 3200-mile loop LA to Grand Island Nebraska and back. Did great BUT some the mods here discussed I considered and now plan on implementing. The first will be steering asst. Hit a big storm the other day Wy to Utah. Still really enjoyed reading alll of this and thanks to the thread owner and all those who posted. My best to all