Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #31

Send a message via MSN to Velogeo
Re: jerricans

Quote:
Originally Posted by windom
Marine supply stores sell jerry jugs for water, gasoline, and diesel. Of course, being that they are intended for boats, they cost 2x what the exact same thing would cost if marketed for land use. Our old rule was that if something's for a boat, double the price, and if for a sailboat (what we had), quadruple it...
I think this place is more aimed at commercial boats so I'm hoping it won't be too pricey for some other things I want to look for too. Also, I think there might be economies of scale working in my favor. I think there are a few more boats here in Seattle than in Durango.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #32

I'll do a post later with a little review and to make the info easier to find in the future.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #33

You're killing me here. I have a daughter in Seattle, University Village area, should I dispatch her?
Old 06-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #34

Fisheries Supply is on the north end of Lake Union, it wouldn't be much of a trek for her. On the other and, thier shipping is reasonable if you don't need it next day. Too, if the think the TSA gets hinky about 4 oz. of shampoo how do you think they'll handle it when your daughter tries to bring 5 gallon fuel containers into the airport to bring them home? I'd let Fisheries Supply do the shipping.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #35

Joanna, I should point out that I think neither you or your daughter are idiots who would walk into an airport with a fuel container. I was just making a point that it's easier to have the place ship it. It's not a limited supply.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #36

I've been absent for a while (a bit busy). Wow, this thread took off in a different direction.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #37

I know, I know, Deminimis, and I feel a little bad about it so this'll be my last entry here re the scepter cans here esp. since Velogeo opened another thread. I just want to say, I did order two, and am waiting for the Fed Ex knock on the door so I can put them next to the Skreenz on the take-out-to-the-SMB pile in my hallway.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:59 PM   #38

Hello, my name is Peter. I am a thread hijacker. It's been 4 days since I went off on a tangent.... wait. Damn.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #39

Easy kids. I'm the Black Beard of thread pirates. A terror on the high servers. I don't mind. Really.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #40
Site Team

Garage
These are the cans I am after. I have some metal european cans but prefer these poly cans.

The other plastic cans you can get have split on me leaving a mess. The green cans in the picture are marked water and the yellow are marked diesel per DOT specs. I plan to add stickers to the box if required. These cans are Super heavy duty. I found similar used military green fuel cans when I was in Colorado but ran into the same roadblock for a new purchase; you got to be in a military type organization. CRAP! I give up. I don't understand the rule or why it was passed but it sucks. Seems the better grade cans should be made availiable to the public (safer) and the junk cans restricted. I want a couple more yellow and maybe a red petrol can. If anybody finds a solution I would like to hear from ya. (Sorry if this is the hi-jacked version of the post).
Dave B

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote