Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
E-Series No Drill Mud Flaps?

Wasn't sure where to post this, 'scuse me if I'm wrong.

Looking for anything other than universal fit drill-type mud flaps---as with most things E-Series if they exist they're nearly impossible to find--have been all over FTE and here, Google as well.

I could cobble something nice together that would work, essentially securing some sort of bracket or arm extending outward from the frame which would avoid drilling into the fenders or quarter panels. Like on big trucks some sort of thick-ish flap could be easily enough attached to said bracket/arm.

I'm sure this has been discussed here quite a bit---a search for "mud flaps" shows a lot of threads but nothing I could find about something specifically made or molded to the E-Series. I have a '05 but would assume anything on either sides of those years should work very well.

TIA

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #2

One month bump - also interested in getting some mud flaps on my ride, curious if anyone here has found a part that fits E series vans.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:34 AM   #3
JWA

Well I've been in contact with Husky Liners about their part number 56331 which may or may not be adaptable to the E-Series. I have a few photos of them test fitting that part to a van---here's what I have so far:

Husky does contend these flaps won't fit properly yada yada yada but I honestly don't know their POV regarding fitment.

The last image up there ^^^ is a Silverado or something similar.

I did buy an uber-cheap set of Amazon flaps that are similar in how they'd theoretically attached to the body---have all of $20 for a set of 4 invested so far. Time permitting I'll chop these up to fit an E-Series---if anything useful comes of that I'll be more than glad to share it here.

Wish me luck!
Old 09-27-2019, 06:29 AM   #4

Gotcha - yeah I'd imagine that with a dremmel tool, zip ties, and/or some self tapping screws we could definitely make something fit. at close to $100 for front and rear Husky mud flaps I'd probably just opt of the off brand stuff on Amazon and DIY it.

Let me know how your install goes, I'll probably try to get my hands on some before next month, all of this is to prep my rig for winter, up here in Pittsburgh / New England we get tons of salt and I'm trying to keep my van as rust free as possible, I've heard mud flaps help keep some of the road salt off of the body and undercarriage.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #5
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
Gotcha - yeah I'd imagine that with a dremmel tool, zip ties, and/or some self tapping screws we could definitely make something fit. at close to $100 for front and rear Husky mud flaps I'd probably just opt of the off brand stuff on Amazon and DIY it.
These are what I bought as a trial: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can't beat that price--free shipping too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
Let me know how your install goes, I'll probably try to get my hands on some before next month, all of this is to prep my rig for winter, up here in Pittsburgh / New England we get tons of salt and I'm trying to keep my van as rust free as possible, I've heard mud flaps help keep some of the road salt off of the body and undercarriage.
The biggest advantage to mud flaps front and rear is they keep the gravel as well as snow, ice, slush and the rest of the road crap off the body. Flung bits tend to ding and dent the paint leaving exposed metal which in turns rusts.

If you don't have wheel well flares installing the flaps behind the wheel is best due the rotation of the tires 99.99% of the time.

HTH
Old 09-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #6

I run this in the back and they will fit in the Front as well they look great.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Liners-Kick-Back-12-in-W-Rear-Mud-Flaps-with-Black-Top-and-Weight-17101/300237450

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...01-c3_1000.jpg

I run this in the Front..
https://realtruck.com/p/truck-hardwa...ack-mud-flaps/
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #7

heres a pic or 2

Old 09-29-2019, 10:26 AM   #8

Old 09-30-2019, 04:37 AM   #9
JWA

Vanzilla how are you mounting those in place? They're not bad looking at all.

I don't run the fender flares so would that be an issue with your linked parts?
Old 09-30-2019, 08:58 AM   #10

They will still work without the flares. The Husky set will look like this without the flares.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...01-c3_1000.jpg

And they simply Screw into the Wheel Wheel and fender lip.