Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2017, 12:12 AM   #1

External Shower: Spray-Port?

Curious if anyone here has installed (or even seen) the Spray-Port external water hook up? Seems to be a reasonably priced alternative to some of the shower hookups that I've seen. But it only has one water line hookup (i.e., only cold or hot).

https://www.dwincorp.com/product/spray-port/

I don't have a water heater, and just want a simple, external cold water hookup, so this seems to fit the bill pretty well. I removed the sink in my van (added a third captain's chair) but still have the water system, but no way to easily access it. Would be nice to have a sprayer for hair and dishwashing, etc.

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #2

Looks handy. Being a garden hose size hookup it's going to move some water so you may want an adjustable sprayer or you'll go through a small water tank in a hurry.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #3

Seems simple and effective, I say go for it.
But as I mentioned to Flux recently don't drill a hole through the body, try to hide it and use an area that can be replaced or repair simply- such as bumper.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso View Post
Seems simple and effective, I say go for it.
But as I mentioned to Flux recently don't drill a hole through the body, try to hide it and use an area that can be replaced or repair simply- such as bumper.

I agree. My thought is to mount something inside the rear or side door in a cabinet.

Good point about the water flow. With a spray nozzle it would probably by ok.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:57 AM   #5

Can you hide it behind your propane door?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Can you hide it behind your propane door?
I am proudly propane-free, so have no external door to hide it behind :-)
Old 05-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
Site Team

Garage
I didn't want to do it but SMB mounted a shower port on the side of my van. I bust a lot of brush and it hasn't ripped it off yet. I have a propane door but it's loaded down with the a lot of stuff so the side of the van was it. Got an extra long wand hose. I agree about the suggestion on not adding more holes to the body but I wanted it close to the pump and flat plate so the water reaches a tolerable temp as quickly as possible. With the rear shower I always had a empty water container to shoot the cold water into until the warm water reached the shower head.
I guess you don't need that. I would think you could just hook up the cold water side and cap off the hot.
BTW I also carry the cotton jacketed hose that comes with the van. Added a hose nipple adapter to the inside faucet and with a nozzle & I've used it to fill my radiator when all hell broke loose on the trail...got me out of there. I'd think it could work as a shower too.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1254 - Copy.jpg  

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #8

I couldn't tell what you've got left of your water system, having removed the sink. But why not just keep it simple and attach a fitting to the end of the line from the pump to where your faucet used to be? and then from that fitting run the hose outside? I did that with just some beer line I had left over and it made a dandy shower, but I just ran it from a coupling on the faucet itself. With some quick releases you could then just remove it and stow it. Seems to be less work than installing that fitting, and why would you need it, as opposed to just running the hose out a cracked door or some other way?
Old 05-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #9

External Shower: Spray-Port?

I have the spray outlet that SMB put in at the rear of the van. We can get hot or cold out of it since it is hooked up to the flat plate heater. We also carry a Rinse Kit when we know we'll need to spray off kayaks or SUP's. They only hold 2 gallons but can be refilled and pressurized with a kit that uses a bike pump. The Rinse Kit is a pretty neat product.

http://www.rinsekit.com/product/black-rinsekit-mobile/

http://www.rinsekit.com/product/field-fill-kit/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #10

Today I finally got some time to play with adding a shower line to my SMB, using the fitting that went to my disconnected sink.

From the original tee fitting, I took the original piece of Pex that ran off of it and cut it in two, adding a ball valve inline and then terminating that section with a female 1/2 threaded pipe fitting (original fitting that I kept).

I got some 1/2" vinyl tubing and added a Pex-barbed 1/2 male fitting to that for easy on and off (and in case I ever want to add the sink back in).

Where I'm stuck right now is how to attach a shower sprayer to the 1/2 vinyl line. My plan was to use a kitchen sink sprayer (to have the easy on/off handle), but they have special fittings on the head and you have to use a dedicated sprayer hose, which has a 1/4" female threaded end. I'm having a hard time sourcing a 1/2" pex barb into a 1/4" female threaded fitting. If anyone has come up with an alternate idea for a shower head, I'd love to hear it!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4076.jpg