Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2018, 11:06 PM   #11

Hey Montero. Don’t know the answer to your question but I’m local and could be an extra set of eyes or hands if you could use an assist.
Fairwood area.

BUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #12

I just installed one of these last month. The big juice flows - battery - circuit breaker - Relay - compressor. The fuse, switch and pressure switch (if you have a tank) all control power to trigger the relay so I'm thinking if the relay is clicking it's gotta be the circuit breaker, relay itself, main power to compressor or comp itself.

Joe
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:11 PM   #13

Not sure what year your buggy was built, but mine is a 07RB with extream air. I had the same symptoms as you guys, switch on click no air. After lots of troubleshooting, I found a loose connection at the breaker on the frame rail. all test showed 12v dc but due to the massive amp draw required, the loose connection was preventing it from turning on. Check and clean all high amp draw connections first then follow the troubleshooting steps below. DO NOT TIGHTEN ANY CONNECTIONS WITH THE SWITCH ON, YOU MAY GROUND OUT AND START SMOKING/WELDING.

all testing is done ignition on and compressor switch on, my unit will only run the compressor with the ignition switch on.

Tools needed, voltmeter or test light

1. above the compressor, you will see a small auto reset breaker, test for power on the compressor side, If you have power here you may have a bad compressor or some loose connections upstream.
2. No power on the compressor side, then test the feed side, if you have power here then you have a bad breaker.
3. no power at the small breaker, test compressor side of the large 80Amp breaker on the frame rail. no power test feed side. If you don't have power here move to the solenoid. If you have power on this side then you have a tripped or bad breaker. the little arm will be flipped out if it tripped.
4. test solenoid compressor side, If you have power here you should have power on the feed side of the breaker so there would be a bad wire or bad connection. No power here test feed side large post,
5. no power on the feed side of the solenoid, test the small wire, signal wire on the side if you have power to that wire you have a bad solenoid.
6. no power to the solenoid, test fuze, and the dash switch.

Hope this helps, please post your findings.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #14

Forgot to add wiggle all wires with ignition on switch on, this is how I finally found my loose connection. I noticed some sparking at the compressor side terminal of the breaker, wiggled the wire and vrooom compressor turned on. Just happy the post did not melt.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:19 AM   #15

Steve thanks for the tip I had this problem in my 06 after changing house battery foud the breaker and that fixed the problem

thanks
Ed
ebrogie is offline   Reply With Quote