Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2021, 12:32 PM   #1

Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W TIRE

Howdy! I'm due a set of new tires on my Chevy 2500 and because we ski and camp a lot in the winter I was thinking of getting a good all-terrain tire. My tire guy says the BF Goodrich TAs are backordered (I still love that theme song from my youth) and he suggested the Falken AT3Ws. Anyone have a red flag on those, or an alternative? We mostly do highway driving. No off-roading really. But I'm psyched to have a bit more bite in winter conditions in California, Colorado, and Utah. I grew up in Miami and suck at winter driving. Thanks! PS: Getting a heater installed this winter so we can boondock and ski. We managed to not die last winter at Steamboat Springs one night when it went down to 4 degrees, but that's because I had a space heater plugged into the jack at the KOA!

Nathandeuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:10 PM   #2

I like mine if that says anything. Not really doing serious off-road but they perform nicely.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:48 PM   #3

Garage
You might try reading this thread for tire info including Falken:
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...s-29160-3.html
Old 09-05-2021, 05:47 PM   #4

I recently participated in the Fourwheeler Magazine's Overland Adventure. Falken tires were a major sponsor & gave each of the 20 participants a brand new set (5) of the AT3W's to use for the trip & to keep.

We did 4 days on all kinds of terrain (no snow), with over 300 miles off-road. Not one vehicle had any tire issues & I was very happy with how well they preformed and how quiet they are on the highway. I also did not hear of anyone who was unhappy with how well the tires preformed. I was also impressed with how well they handled while driving aired-down (30psi) on the pavement sections between dirt roads. We did keep the speeds at around 55 mph, per the hosts.

I haven't been in the snow yet, but the Falken rep said the AT3W's are the way to go if you plan on doing any driving in snow.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:47 AM   #5

Thanks, Chris, for that great thread and thanks as well to Glen and Eddyturn. I think the Falken's are a go. My tire guy said I'd get another few thousand on my current tires but I'm inclined to pull the trigger before I find myself on the side of the 5 with a flat.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #6

I have a set on my 2000 7.3L, 2WD, and they perform fantastic in the snow- spent 2 weeks in Utah and Colorado- they did great on crappy icy roads, awesome on the snow packed 2 tracks in Michigan as well. Love them- have about 15K on em and they are doing great
Michisurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 02:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathandeuel View Post
Thanks, Chris, for that great thread and thanks as well to Glen and Eddyturn. I think the Falken's are a go. My tire guy said I'd get another few thousand on my current tires but I'm inclined to pull the trigger before I find myself on the side of the 5 with a flat.
I think I'm leaning towards those as well instead of the Toyo A/T III's, let us know what you think when you get them!
PNWschusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:49 PM   #8

I love mine. We do one or to ski trips per year and they perform great. Also good off road.
Attached Thumbnails
E01C7578-9256-4925-90AE-F66906D7A255.jpg   6E481CE9-7FE8-4A85-B72F-55EA4EA05531.jpg  
Old 09-07-2021, 11:27 PM   #9

Damn Raul, your second pic! Straight mobbing that thing!
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:57 AM   #10

Just ordered them! Thanks, everybody