Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2021, 11:32 AM   #1

Question Fiamma F45S Awning: Wall Brackets

Hello

I have mounted a Fiamma F45s on my Ford E-250 SMB RB50 over the passenger side's double doors.

I have a pair of Aluminum Wall Brackets for Awning Legs (Fiamma 98655-728).

I am curious if anyone has installed these Fiamma wall brackets on their Ford E-250. If so, then where?

Thank you, appreciate the feedback.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:58 AM   #2

Hi Jeff, glad you were able to get an awning.

re: The brackets you show - These brackets end up creating a couple of issues used on our vans. First, the forward bracket would be mounted on the passenger door which would then preclude use o that door if it is holding the leg. Second, the angle from the awning to the bracket on the van necessitates walking around the diagonal leg.

One member went to effort of creating a pull out rod with those leg brackets mounted to nested square tubes that extended out from under the van rocker panel. (I cannot find the picture/link) but it was clever. I do not think it resolved he front door opening issue though.

Personally, we always use the awning legs in a vertical orientation and either use the Fiamma straps or stakes that come with the awning to secure it to the ground. A solution for weighting the legs would be to get a couple of 10 lb barbell weights and cut a slot in them to slip over the leg feet or a couple of jugs with water or sand.

Faimma Straps
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiamma Tie Down Straps.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	39072
Old 04-04-2021, 01:14 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Personally, we always use the awning legs in a vertical orientation and either use the Fiamma straps or stakes that come with the awning to secure it to the ground. A solution for weighting the legs would be to get a couple of 10 lb barbell weights and cut a slot in them to slip over the leg feet or a couple of jugs with water or sand.
We also keep the legs vertical, but realized the stakes we used to keep the legs secured to the ground really don't have a lot of holding power - As 1der states, just needed more weight.
Without having to carry another "additional" object that would contribute to Van weight (and take up space), we already carry a 48qt cooler that I keep beverages & ice in and place that on the ground between the 2 awning legs. Then used a rubber Adjustable Tarp Strap which I stretched from each handle of the cooler to the top of the awning leg. The holes through the tarp straps allow you to adjust the tension. Cooler has a considerable amount of weight - works great (Coolers remains very accessible & serves as a table while it sits there).
https://www.amazon.com/ProGrip-71360...562588&sr=8-60
Old 04-04-2021, 05:14 PM   #4

I believe these are the custom mounts 1der was referencing.
Attached Thumbnails
Awning mount chasis front.JPG   Awning mount chasis.JPG  
Oly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:37 PM   #5

Wow! I am assuming these are custom, correct?
Guessing these wall bracket extensions are detachable.
Does anyone have assembly and attachment details for the mounts?
Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
we already carry a 48qt cooler that I keep beverages & ice in and place that on the ground between the 2 awning legs
I like the cooler idea, however, where I pull off, there are typically grizzlies and bears. So, I do not want them drinking my PBRs when I turn in for the night and leaving the cooler out to secure the awning.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:53 PM   #7

I believe the custom slide in brackets were member JimHefner van. I dont recall the thread but he may have pics in his album.
Oly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:05 PM   #8

I suggest not leaving an awning deployed overnight or if it is that it is only out a few feet. A middle of the night wind gust will not be pretty.

Yes, those are the pics I was looking for. Thxs Oly11 !
Old 04-04-2021, 08:27 PM   #9

I've been wondering if the wind resistance issue is vastly improved when the legs interface with those brackets.....
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:08 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff00seattle View Post
I like the cooler idea, however, where I pull off, there are typically grizzlies and bears. So, I do not want them drinking my PBRs when I turn in for the night and leaving the cooler out to secure the awning.
Yep, We never leave the cooler (or anything that would attract wildlife) out overnight. We always roll the awning back into its resting position if any weather is in the forecast that evening.

Tags
fiamma awning, wall brackets