Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2009, 08:26 PM   #11

Re: Financing Problems

As of Friday no luck with two Credit Unions. I will try State Farm Bank on Monday and hope I haven't missed the van I wanted to purchase.

As a side note, KBB RV has a detailed break-out for Sportsmobiles which is much more inclusive than the NADA data, however, both lenders would not rely on KBB, only NADA.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to bettyford

Doesn't SMB Fresno use Bank Of the West? I would try them and just keep asking till you find the right person. If your talking to the lender and they don't know a thing about SMB's I wouldn't waist your time trying to explain it just move on. You are right that you will need the build sheet otherwise your just financing a van. not a class B

Good luck please keep me up dated.

Ron
Old 11-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #13

I kept pushing and asking and wound up befriending one of the underwriters who was willing to listen and make a few "exceptions". However, they are not anywhere close to 100% of purchase price for the financing, closer to 85% of purchase price, then they only lend on 80% of their value. So I am out more cash than expected but it looks like it will work out.

I have missed one van due to financing but am hopeful not to miss two.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #14

hey brother I feel your pain! Me and my wife tried to buy the use SB on the SB west sight with the trailer....NOGO!! no bank would touch it bc it was used.I have exellent credit 780+ and have never been turned down for a loan.....times are tight and the banks are feeling the pinch.Found a bank that would do 85% on a new one OUCH! We bit the bullit and put a order on one of the last diesels. Man I hope you can find a place to help you out....it is a real kick in the junk to hear....sorry We cant help you!
chpsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #15

Anyone out there with a name and number for a State Farm rep they were successful with? My attempt at purchasing a Sportsmobile has turned into a nightmare. I have just about lost my motivation.
tuffcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin

State Farm for insurance or financing ?
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffcap
Anyone out there with a name and number for a State Farm rep they were successful with? My attempt at purchasing a Sportsmobile has turned into a nightmare. I have just about lost my motivation.
I called my local branch (from their website) and spoke with the appropriate person for lending. I found State Farm rates well above what I could get from a credit union and did not pursue. Furthermore, they were unwilling to discuss the value of Sportsmobile's without a formal application and I did not want any additional inquiries in my reports. Good luck, I know it is frustrating.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Austin
Financing is what I was refering to thanks. I am intrested in any possible financing solution not limited to State Farm.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin

Two years ago when working on our financing we talked to State Farm, but their rates were way high. I think it is just not their core capability. We financed thru our credit union.
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffcap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Austin
Financing is what I was refering to thanks. I am intrested in any possible financing solution not limited to State Farm.
State Farm advised me that Sportsmobiles are specialty vehicles and they do not finance them. This is why a specific agent that has worked with Sportsmobiles might be helpful.