Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
Sam

GoLight Stryker

I'm looking for a little help on making a decision about GoLight lights. I know that some of you out there already have these lights on your rigs. I was considering the GL-3067-M which is the HID bulb with the magnetic base verses the same style light only with the Halogen bulb.

There are several differences right off the bat that I see. The bulb wattage, amp draw (1/2 that of the halogen) & candle power to name a few.
Those of you that have these lights, what do you think of them? What pros & cons have you noticed? One thing I'm wondering is if there would be too much light with the HID to use while working around your van. My main consideration for it's use would be for setting up a camp site at night or having to disassemble my or a friends glider if they don't arrive until after dark to retrieve you. I guess the same would hold true in deciding about HID verses Halogen driving lights.

Thanks for the help!

Sam

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:49 AM   #2

Go Light

Sam ,
I have two of the Halogen Stryker series light's and while I am very happy with the fit and finish I would opt for the HID 's as they are a superior light source .Maglight told me that they would be available some time this year and I opted not to wait as the date was iffy . I think that you will appreciate this light especially when you experience the color rendition quality and low amp draw .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
Sam

Greggde:

Thanks for your input! I was leaning towards the HID bulbs for the reasons you mentioned.

Sam
Old 09-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #4

Stryker Lights

Sam ,
Thank you as it prompted me to contact Magnalight and they will be able to upgrade my existing light's to the much more efficient HID's just as soon as they all of there orders filled . Thank you again Sam
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin
Hmmmm.... so I guess I better call and see if I can get mine upgraded too!

Now, where did I put that To Do list ?

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
Sam

Greggde you're welcome. According to Magnalight's website, there is a 4 week wait period once you order the lights. You might have to wait a while for the HID bulbs. It's good to know that they aren't trying to make you buy new lights.

Greg, well....I guess you better sharpen your pencil & get a bigger tablet.

Do you both agree that the HID's are the way to go with driving lights as well?

Thanks guys!

Sam