Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #11

Tori, I sent you you a message to your email about some New England resources. One you may want to contact is Mainline Overland's Bow, NH shop. They mostly work on trucks, such as Tacos, but they could handle electrical and other accessories for vans.

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #12

Hi GH0ZTKID21, I am in PA, formerly WV and sorry but I do not have a source for you. Wish I did!

I had 3 actual professional carpenters look at my van build drawings and say 'Oh yes I would take that job it would be no problem to complete in several days' (I was supplying materials, tracked down fasteners etc) However, came time to schedule and none would commit. In the meantime I spent hours and days talking to mechanics, body shops, truck centers, a few RV places about seating, etc which is what I needed to start with.

In the end I decided on nothing fancy- being my first van and wanting to work out of it and transport bikes in it. Have met all kinds of interesting people- but same as when I owned a couple of houses, it was very difficult to find tradesmen to take on small jobs- custom or not. So I am VERY interested in learning how your project comes to fruition- good luck!
Old 07-16-2018, 03:41 PM   #13

I looked at the website for Mainline Overland's in Bow, NH and noticed this event

https://www.mainlineoverland.com/pro...rland-festival
9-15 August 2018 Huntingdon PA (Central PA west of Harrisburg)