Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #1

Garage
Good Sam Roadside and Insurance

I had my first experience with both GS Roadside and Insurance this week.

Roadside:

On my trip to Texas, I broke down in Ft. Stockton. I called Roadside Assistance and they basically told me to try and drive to the dealership. They only offered a tow to dealer ship, but could not get there for 1 1/2 hours. Dealership closed in 40 min. It was Friday before Memorial weekend and they said I would have to wait until Tuesday to get any help other than the tow. The dealership gave me the number of a local 24 hr place, but they turned out just as useless. The GS person on the phone said I did not have hotel coverage and said I was on my own. I corrected him and after he checked, he said he could connect me to someone to help me out with a hotel. It just burnt my hide I had to correct him.

I was able to get myself moving enough to get to Kerrville where they looked at the van Sat and told me I was ok to drive locally. They fixed the issue on Tuesday.

Insurance:

When I got home, I backed out the van to wash it and hit my wife's car. I called and they said they would not cover the accident. Had to contact Farmer that covers my wife's car to make a claim.

Twice now they have not held up to their side of the bargain. I have canceled the roadside assistance and may look at switching the insurance.

Just wanted to pass on my experience. Anyone else have the same or different issues?

TexGX

2006 Casita (Makes it a three bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath)
TexGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #2

That's disappointing, given that they seemed to be the only ones that recognized a "Sportsmobile" build for what it is. When I was shopping, I never got a warm fuzzy that anyone else would cover the whole build and not just the van.

Sounds like they have some customer service issues... hopefully not deliberate, but it IS an insurance company after all... they don't like to pay out without making YOU pay first... through frustration and exasperation at trying to maneuver through their convoluted bureaucracy. ***sigh***
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote