I just bought a used 2001 RB-50 based on the venerable Dodge Ram 2500 Van... It runs great and the RB-50 layout suits my family's camping needs just fine. Only problem is, I think it is quite ugly looking. I'd like to pimp it a little bit, and would like to bounce some ideas off the group.
Here's what it looked like when we bought it:
Here is what I would consider doing:
1) 4x4 Upgrade (or at the very least a cheaper slightly raised up 2WD for the purpose of off-road clearance)
2) Bigger knobbier tires suitable for dirt roads and light mountain snows
3) Spare tire hanging off the back door instead of underneath
4) some of those black off-road bumpers, front and rear
5) Rear bumper with that storage box
6) eBay the aluminum running boards and replace with the shorter "single step size" black sidesteps that are made of tubular anodized aluminum
8) Yakima roof racks
9) paint: prefer a sporty yellow, 2nd choice white but lose those stripes
10) fog lights
11) Sportsmobile logos on the lower front exterior doors.
12) Black Fender Flares
Any recommendations or other ideas for what would work with this? Any ideas where to look for parts? I guess what I'd like is a more rugged outdoorsy-looking rather than suburban-looking vehicle.