Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2019, 08:08 PM   #1

help pricing 1997 Dodge RB50

I would like help pricing my 1997 Dodge RB50.The stats:
Dodge 3500 chassis
5.2 engine
188k miles
Standard RB50: Fridge, stove, furnace, sink (no hot water)
Newer stereo with Bluetooth hands free phone.

Recent work in past year:
New front brakes - master cylinder, calipers, rotors, pads, hoses, and hard piping.
New idler pulley and belt.
Replaced leaking sensor in transmission
New steering box
New tires ( have some miles now)
New windshield

Jasper rebuilt transmission at 164 K

Just replaced all roof bolts with stainless hardware (butyl, properly sized 1/4" feeder washers, self-sealing washer on top with the nuts on inside). The roof is totally water tight at this point (and was prior to the bolt replacement).

The issues:
Ages ago (like 10 years) it had a roof leak. It took me a long time to figure out when it was leaking (it was before I discovered the forum). It turns out it was through the bolt holes where the caps had come off. I caulked it with gobs of caulking and have never had a leak since. Fast forward to last week and I decided to replace the roof bolts to make it look better before selling and and also replace the portion of the headliner that got damaged. In the process I notice the roof seems spongy in the area where the leak was. Apparently it has delaminated. It kind of broke my heart when I noticed it.

The top also had a crack in the front I'm assuming from one time it was lowered while the van was off camber and the top came down shifted to one side. My assumption is the delamination contributed to the crack. It has not propagated since I've noticed it.

The top does have the typical gel coat cracking - a rhino coat should fix that.

There is some cosmetic water marks on the cabinets from one year when the pipes froze and developed a leak which we found when we connected the water supply in the Spring. The plumbing had all been replaced with PEX.

The interior cosmetic condition fair to good for it's age. The exterior has a few minor dings. It been used and is 22 years old.

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow - it's snowing and dark outside at the moment. I attached really bad ones that don't show much.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190519_113922.jpg   IMG_20190519_113916.jpg   IMG_20190519_113912.jpg   IMG_20190519_113837.jpg   IMG_20190519_113833.jpg  

IMG_20190519_113830.jpg  

flgrb50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:22 PM   #2

I spoke to the member in the phone and he has owned this for at least the last 10 years. I like long term ownership because they know what’s been going on with it. He also has the upper bunk that isn’t pictured.

Current price is $8500 which I think is very competitive or perhaps a bit low, though he would prefer to sell it quickly.

I think the dodge chassis is very robust and reliable though it doesn’t offer the lift/4x4 options of the ford or chevy. That’s the only down side I can see.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #3

My instant price quote was 10. I think a budding SMB'er will get a great deal on this fixer upper for $8500.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote