Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #11

Re: Help! She's just not interested in SMB's??

Just a quick flick thru my gallery... the subliminal message here is not "get a cat" either...

Old 04-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #12

Good suggestions above, especially the factory tour

However, my westy and now my smb were my wifes idea
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #13

I was the one who found the SMB site and convinced Dick that this is what we needed. We went to the Huntington plant and he was sold, that this would be our way to camp/travel.
To us having a comfy bed the luxury of the refrig and microwave.....yes we are happy campers.

What does girlfriend want? Travel trailer, class C, class A?

Anne

DABEE a 2006 Ford EB250 with penthouse top.
Life Is Good.
danamrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #14

Help! She's just not interested in SMB's??

How long have you known this girl? Seriously.
Some of the best advice we received before getting married was the we didn't have to do everything together. As it turns out we do just about everything together or at least are supportive of each others interests.

Are you going to have a family? How large? How soon?

Maybe a "transformer" is what you need.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #15

Quote:
ps... gringa is a common word meaning female (usually american )
no real negitive spin to it
"Gringa" is the feminine form of the word Gringo.

In Mexico and El Salvador the term applies for U.S. citizens, widely accepted as a colloquial demonym, meaning arrogant, un-educated American or in general terms "un-educated, arrogant Anglo. Depending on the context, it may or may not be pejorative.
jstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta

Just make friends with whichever of your hands is dominant. Really solves all kinds of problems. Maybe all problems.

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #17

Gringo is a perjorative. It is being used more frequently here in the US by those who identify with the political/cultural aspirations of LaRaza.
SierraHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #18

removed as not to offend by bw
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #19

It all depends upon whether this girl is the one. Is she the one who makes your heart pound and your head spin, the one you can't do without? If she is, you need to do everything you can to make her happy. Don't try to force her to live life your way.

On the other hand, a girlfriend is not a wife. If she is just someone you have fun with, but not the one you intend to spend your life with, ask yourself why you're with her anyway. How much do you have in common? Do you have other shared interests? If she is just a pretty face, but you have no shared interests and she isn't the one who moves your soul, why try to force this?

Most guys sort of brush around the edges of questions like this. I used to do counseling, so I am going to play Dr. Phil for a minute. I have been married almost 30 years and am even happier today than the day we wed. I am going to ask you to think about some serious questions. I am not saying you are this way, but in that you broached the question, I think these questions for you are worth asking. Do you have a need to decide what the two of you are going to do together? In other words, do you have a need to control the relationship? How much say does she get to have? If you have a deep need to control, and she doesn't want to be controlled, either you have some growing to do, or otherwise you need to look for a very submissive woman. You can't make someone become what she doesn't want to be. If this is that big of an issue for you, you need to do one of two things: 1) let her be who she is and love her as such, or 2) look for someone else. It behooves you to look inside your own self and figure out the answers to these questions; don't try to psychoanalyze what's wrong with her. In the long run, what is more important to you-a fulfilling and happy marriage, or a female to ride around with you in your Sportsmobile?

Now, let's say you both love each other and you simply don't see this the same way. People in religion and politics these days live by the creed, "No Compromise." That is a recipe for disaster in marriage. Look for ways you could compromise with her. Maybe the SMB is too small for her. Could you live with a Sprinter SMB that doesn't have 4x4? Could you go with a Provan Tiger, an EarthRoamer, Host Super-C, Xplorer Xcursion, Krystal 30 or 33, Suncamper Sherwood, AC Landcruiser 80, or an out of production Toyota Chinook, Serro Scotty, Revcon Trailblazer, all built on a 4x4 pickup? They can't rock crawl like a SMB, but some of those can take unpaved and rough roads pretty well. Then there are even bigger expedition vehicles built on full sized trucks. Provan currently has two pickup based models with a third in the plans. EarthRoamer also currently has two pickup based models with two more in design. The lower end models are bigger than an SMB, but comparable in price. Some of these have a wet bath, and some have a dry bath. Can you expand the variety of vehicles you are willing to consider, in order to make her comfortable and happy? To learn about the full range of expedition vehicles, have a look at: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
I feel it’s what each person thinks as luxury and whether or not either one of you will need it. I understand it is hard to justify the price if you’ve been frugal while doing the backpack stuff, but we all get old. At least in my world I and totally appreciate the upgrade.
Dave
I have backpacked all my life, but as I approach 60, my body hears your words loud and clear!
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote