Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #11

It seems to appear to me that for pricing:
-- It does have the Sportsmobile poptop but the remainder does not look like it is from Sportsmobile
-- The interior is pretty basic.

So I would start from Kelly Blue book for the diesel van at around $6000-$7000.

Add $5000 to $8000 for the 4 wheel drive.

Add a $1000-$2000 for the pop top.

Bumpers, wheels, ladder, and the rest of the items listed? I'm not sure how much to add. How about $3000???

So would from $15,000 to $20,000 be a reasonable price???

If not then it would be helpful to list what variables that you see that would increase the price.

Now if this was a "Sportsmobile" with the multitude of interior options then the pricing would go up.

Alflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #12

What marine outfit did your fiberglass work on the pop top? (I assume Bellingham area) What work did they do? Are you happy with the quality and the price. Thanks
garita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:07 PM   #13

It looks like a sportsmobile top, but the interior is not. Propane, heater, sink, reefer, water tank, gray water tank? If it doesn't have these sportsmobile standards then, the upper end of these suggestions may be optimistic. Today, as always, it really depends on one buyer...
Good luck!
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:29 AM   #14

Just sent a PM with my contact info. Thank you.
MAJoplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by garita View Post
What marine outfit did your fiberglass work on the pop top? (I assume Bellingham area) What work did they do? Are you happy with the quality and the price. Thanks
Bellingham Marine Repair

They fixed a leak in the Fiberglass top and installed Baltic Birch panels on the bottom of it. Leak caused by prior owner who in incorrectly installed Yakima rails. Fixed up and top notch work. No leaks and stored inside. Oh and the poptop was removed to make this happen. All new hardware on reinstall.
checksicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorefc View Post
It looks like a sportsmobile top, but the interior is not. Propane, heater, sink, reefer, water tank, gray water tank? If it doesn't have these sportsmobile standards then, the upper end of these suggestions may be optimistic. Today, as always, it really depends on one buyer...
Good luck!
Nah, none of that stuff.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflorida View Post
It seems to appear to me that for pricing:
-- It does have the Sportsmobile poptop but the remainder does not look like it is from Sportsmobile
-- The interior is pretty basic.

So I would start from Kelly Blue book for the diesel van at around $6000-$7000.

Add $5000 to $8000 for the 4 wheel drive.

Add a $1000-$2000 for the pop top.

Bumpers, wheels, ladder, and the rest of the items listed? I'm not sure how much to add. How about $3000???

So would from $15,000 to $20,000 be a reasonable price???

If not then it would be helpful to list what variables that you see that would increase the price.

Now if this was a "Sportsmobile" with the multitude of interior options then the pricing would go up.
Welcome to the forum. I take it you will not be interested in this van. Best wishes.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:27 AM   #18

20k lololol
Elltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by checksicks View Post
Welcome to the forum. I take it you will not be interested in this van. Best wishes.
True, that I am not in the market for your van. However, over the last 30 years I have done quite a bit of 4x4 road driving and camping.

Additionally I owned a 2005 Born Free 26 foot Class C RV that I had upgraded to 4 wheel drive, so I do have experience with a van conversion to 4x4.

My main thrust with my reply is, when I saw $$$$ numbers thrown around from $35K to $50K I felt that those folks, putting those numbers out there, should make some statements justifying that amount of money for a 2005 4x4 van with a poptop camper top and some off road improvements.
Alflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:46 PM   #20

So you joined the forum to comment on my post as a humanitarian. Nice. Not everyone commenting is as uninformed as you think. Again, best wishes in whatever it is you are looking for.