Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #31

Re: Hot water?

Coleman Hot Water On Demand System. Easy, portable, can be used from different water sources, can be used as a shower and it works.
ET

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #32

I have to agree with Saline, above, a hot shower is a great comfort while doing the things we love outside of just camping. After a long hike or mountain bike ride the shower is so nice. With the shower floor there is very little mess. I would not do without it just for the purpose of showering.
canyonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #33
Site Team

Garage

Mr heater jumped into the hot water shower field with a thing called the cube. It says you need a water source, so I assume you'd have to configure some kind of fitting to plug into the SMB. It runs on it's own battery or plugs into 12vDC. Expensive at 330.00
Attached Thumbnails
s7_530655_999_02 Mr water heater.jpg  

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #34

We use a small two-gallon igloo insulated water jug next to the sink. don't have a water heater in the van.
Just heat water on the stove in a kettle and fill the jug. It usually lasts all day with warm water for hand and face washing.
We use the solar shower in our porta-potty tent for showers.
Rapidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #35

This is my second sportsmobile. I had hot water in both. I would not be without hot water. I can clean my dishes and wash up when I want. There is something about hot water that makes you feel so comfortable. I am a yes for hot water.
byakima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #36

We will second KTMRIDER about the Coleman Hot Water on demand...we have had ours for a few years an we love it... we use it for everything... cooking, dishes and showers... it is great for hot or cold running water and can be used with a tank or city water with the optional valve...I use a Bass Pro Shops popup shower enclosure and made a by pass valve setup to save and recycle water...get wet close the valve pump stays on and water goes back to tank while we lather up then rinse....the two of us can shower with about 5 gallons of water or less with the valve setup....I am just installing a 25 gallon fresh water tank and the U Joint Off Road Skid system in my van but before that depending on where we were camping we would just bring one (usually empty), two or three (filled at home when we know there is no water available) of those blue 6 gallon jugs.

That said that Mr.Heater Cube thing looks nice and is not much more than the Coleman unit...
2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #37

I could not agree more about how nice hot water is to have.
I use a Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater and Shower, works great.
Paid about $120 at camping world.
dig255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #38

I have the Espar and love it. Never had a problem. However one option not presented above is to install just a flat plate heat exchanger and an inline aux coolant pump. If the engine is still warm, there is a ton of BTUs there for showers etc. without the engine or Espar running. Also, with the Espar, or just when using the flat plate heat exchanger as you are driving down the road, the coolant temperature can be 180 to 200 degrees so scalding is a threat. I'm in the process of installing a mixing valve to greatly lessen that problem. Also be advised that different mixing valves have different temperature ranges for the outflow. I picked one with a low-low end of the range.
BACKRDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #39

Don't forget the www.zodi.com propane fired , self contained showers .
Greggd
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #40

If anybody is thinking hard about buying the Coleman Hot Water On Demand System, I just noticed on REI.com they have it for $259 and have an online coupon for $51.99 off through May 28.

2005 Ford E350 6.8L V-10 RB-50

redrock is offline   Reply With Quote