Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #1

I counted 33 SM for sale on SM web site

Now seems to be a good time to buy a used SM. Most of them are Diesels of course since most SM are diesels. Up until now anyway.

j.whitbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #2

That's why we bought.. buyers market right now =deals to be had. The hard part is.. we still have to pay for it
2003 Baja Tan SMB EB DYO 7.3 Diesel

Tread Lightly! Trainer
Pack it in Pack it Out>>>> https://www.trasharoo.com
adventureduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage
I see that Yeller feller has sold. Someone to pick up this week.
Dave B

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #4

Definitely a bit sad that great SMB owners like the Yella Fella and Ace Brown have sold and moved on to other adventures. Heck, those folks convinced me to buy one of these beasts, and now the are gone.
Dagger Royalex Legend 16 foot canoe (white-water)
Maravia New Wave 13.5 foot raft (fishing and white-water)
Ed in Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage
Ed, I just hope they are happy and who knows, maybe they made the right choice. Seeing no 4x4's on the lifts at SMB today was a bit unsettling. Alan made a comment that the future of large HP diesel motors is burnt toast and might be gone as early as 2012. I still think that because everything from paint on a soda can to the shirt on your back is directly connected to oil, people will understand what the cost to America might be and fix the problem. I'm praying for a more gradual change. Will off roading become putting a bicycle on a little car and going to the hills? Yikes, they make me tired and a bicycle seat ain’t my best friend that’s for sure! If the price of fuel falls, now would be the time to buy, no question about that. But no one has yet to come up with a power solution for recreational vehicles much less 18 wheelers. It's a cryin shame.
DaveB

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #6

There may be many for sale, but the prices seem to be holding. We bought ours this spring and have used it a ton. After the three week trip over to Utah and Colorado our trips have been more local. We live in the Sierras near lake Tahoe, and there are lots of great places to explore an hour and a half or less away from our house. This keeps fuel to a minimum and enjoyment to a maximum. You don't have to go far to enjoy your Sportsmobile. oclv
oclv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #7

another reason there are so many vans for sale is that it's lots harder to get loans now on used vans. This really shrinks the pool of potential buyers. I'm still hoping for the diesel electric plug in 4x4 sprinter with portal axels. Until then I'll be feeding the 6.0 and just be happy it's not my dailey driver
Santa Barbara Ca
Jammyauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Montana
Definitely a bit sad that great SMB owners like the Yella Fella and Ace Brown have sold and moved on to other adventures. Heck, those folks convinced me to buy one of these beasts, and now the are gone.
Yep, Yellow Fella rolled out of SMB lot last week with it's new owner and friend. Good travels to them! Looks like YF got into the good family that will take him on many more wonderful adventures.

It was sad to see him go, but we just didn't want to keep the van parked in the garage for few years while we live overseas... It's not fair to Yellow Fella, he needs to go and play in the wild.
YellowFella is offline   Reply With Quote