Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2017, 05:10 PM   #31

Geico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Seattle View Post
Hello all. Just called around today to get quotes for the SMB that we currently own and on the one we are thinking about buying. Progressive agents stated they will NOT insure a converted van (even though they had provided a quote earlier). Any thoughts? We are looking for insurance for our 2001 SMB Ford 4X4.
I've recently had to get insurance for my 2003 SMB. Geico was the best by far, but it was through their RV division. If you call any other one they will have no idea what you are talking about. Geico knows was SMBs are and have all of the layouts in their system. It was cheap and only took me 10 minutes to get set up. Good luck!

RingTheAlarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #32

Insurance Question

Thanks to all for the responses. I guess the Progressive (for USAA) agent who first quoted us realized it was a RV but the second agent I spoke with did not get beyond the van conversion to find out why the first person provided a quote. WOW.

I believe AMICA will insure us for everything.
Mike in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #33

Good Sam brokers will do the research and provide a policy that meets your specifications eg cost. I started out with GMAC but last year they switched us to Progressive. The Progressive policy for our SMB was $320 less. None of the insurance companies that I have used since 2004 cared one way or another about my insuring my SMB as a daily driver. I ran into an odd situation when I tried to insure my SMB and our 1976 Airstream together. None of the companies will insure a trailer that is used for full time travel and towed with another recreational vehicle eg SMB. The workaround is to pay two different companies to cover the SMB and travel trailer. Foremost had no problem with insuring the Airstream.
SierraHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance