Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2022, 03:19 PM   #1

Is this van worth buying?

I have found a used van from a car dealership in Florida.
It's a 2010 E350 XLT with a 5.4.
It has had 4 owners, 1 minor fender bender but has been fixed.
Has 101k miles on it.
They're asking 17k for it.
The vehicle has all the seats and interior still intact.

So would this be a consideration to possibly buy and also would this be easy to change over to 4x4.

What other questions should I be asking?

To_Be_Announced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:59 AM   #2

Your purchase

I HAVE A 2009 E350 EXTENDED. BOUGHT 4 YEARS AGO FOR 13K WITH 80K MILES... I HAVE DONE REGULAR MAINT ON IT, REPLACED BALL JOINTS COILS,PLUGS AND A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF. CONVERTING TO 4WD IS ABOUT 18-19K... IM CONSIDERING THIS IN THE FUTURE. I DID HAVE A HIGHTOP INSTALLED ON IT AND COULDNT BE HAPPIER, WASATCH OVERLAND IN SALT LAKE DID IT. GREAT DUDES.

IVE MADE ALL MY PURCHASES ON AMAZON OR LOCAL PARTS SHOPS AND DID MOST THE WORK MYSELF. POINT IS, EASY TO WORK ON, PARTS ARE EVERY WHERE AND PRETTY CHEAP TO UPGRADE.

MINE IS NOT A SHOW QUALITY BUILD, BUT I MADE IT THE WAY MY BUDGET AND NEEDS WERE NEEDED.

VANS HAVE REALLY GONE UP IN PRICE LATELY...

I HAVE THE 15 PASS VERSION WITH WINDOWS AND I LIKE IT. WINDOWS ARE HARDER TO WORK AROUND, BUT I CAN OPEN FOR VENTILATION OR A VIEW... PLUS, I FIGURE SOME MOM WITH A BUNCH OF KIDS OR AN OLD CHURCH VAN WAS TAKEN CARE OF MAYBE BETTER THAN A CONTRACTORS OLD WORKHORSE.

HOPE THIS HELPS! KEEP US POSTED!
happycampingcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 12:52 PM   #3

Price seems a tad high but not crazy. The best way to judge will be to keep an eye on the market and evaluate prices over a long period of time. Only you can judge whether something is "worth it." I paid a couple grand more than what I would have paid 3 years ago. Decided it was worth it because I'm building a "forever" van and not looking to sell at profit or even to break even upon selling.

Look at the CarFax to see where the vehicle previously resided. Just because you're purchasing from Florida doesn't mean it was in Florida its whole life. 4-owners seems high. Get a third party inspection by an independent mechanic if you can, or look at it yourself if you know what you're doing. Typical used car stuff, don't think there's anything specific or unusual about these vans that you'd do differently.

As to whether it's easy to convert to 4x4 or not, you really need to research the different 4x4 conversions available for the E-series. I think I answered in another thread of yours in a similar fashion. The answer for year preferences may differ for each one. Or maybe not. In general I haven't heard of any major roadblocks for any of the 1992+ E-series vans.
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 06:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by To_Be_Announced View Post
I have found a used van from a car dealership in Florida.
It's a 2010 E350 XLT with a 5.4.
It has had 4 owners, 1 minor fender bender but has been fixed.
Has 101k miles on it.
They're asking 17k for it.
The vehicle has all the seats and interior still intact.

So would this be a consideration to possibly buy and also would this be easy to change over to 4x4.

What other questions should I be asking?
Where in Florida, I'm in Jacksonville (ish). Could take a look for you if it's in Northeast FL and you're at that point. Guess I was assuming you're out west but don't see anything on your profile.
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:52 PM   #5

Beware that if it was titled in Florida after the "fender bender" but not before, it's possible the title was washed. FL is notorious for allowing this.

That said... The E-series body is very repairable... so if there's no frame damage and it wasn't flooded, it's probably ok.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:38 AM   #6

I didn't know this. Helpful tip ty.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:39 AM   #7

I believe it is in Daytona but I might wait.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:40 AM   #8

I tried to do Carfax but it wanted me to buy them. I thought they where free?
Old 04-28-2022, 08:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by To_Be_Announced View Post
I tried to do Carfax but it wanted me to buy them. I thought they where free?
Shoot me a private message if you want me to run a CarFax for you on a particular VIN. I bought the 6-pack last year so instead of the $40/report you'd normally have to pay, I'd just ask for the discounted rate ($17).
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 01:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
Beware that if it was titled in Florida after the "fender bender" but not before, it's possible the title was washed. FL is notorious for allowing this.
What does "washed" mean? Asking for a friend. He bought a 7.3 from FL that looks like it has 10x the miles the odometer reads.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote