Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmassjr View Post
All motors are long blocks.... The squealing noise continues for a few seconds after turning off the motor.
That's damn odd. Everything stops turning within a second when the key is turned off. My BMW will continue making noises for 20 seconds after the key is turned off, it's the vacuum operated heater valves in that case. I wonder if you have some sort of a heater / AC control valve issue? It should be pretty simple to take a long screwdriver and place in on suspect areas after the motor is turned off. It will transmit any noises directly to your ear.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #12

Could they have damaged the torque convertor stator or lockup clutch when they installed the first engine and it remains in motion now when the engine is shut off, giving off the squeel sound, and since its coming from under the vehicle they think its coming from the harmonic balancer area since the convertor is attached to the crank via the flex plate? Guess they could unbolt the convertor from the flex plate, push it back towards the transmission as far as possible and start the engine to see if the noise quit. I mean the convertor housing itself isnt going to spin unless the engine is running, but if they damaged the clutch on the stator or broke something inside the convertor housing it could remain spinning even after the engine is shut off. That sound is going to resonate threw any metal that its attached to ie: crankshaft. Just a thought

Like someone else stated, the odds of getting three seperate engines that all have the same squeel type noise after the engine is shut off just dont exist. There is nothing inside an internal combustion engine that continues to rotate once the engine is shut off, nothing, not even the oil pump.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #13

I have good news.... Club Wagon is back and no more squealing noise.
The issue was a PCV Valve!!
A new Motor craft PCV valve was installed engine #1... same one used #2 and #3.
It must have failed, building up pressure creating the screaming noise and relieving pressure when turned off. This $15.00 part was replaced with a Standard valve and no more noise....We are not sure if this was issue #1 and #2, we will never know.
So Happy!
dwmassjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:21 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
Did you happen to pay for the original work with a credit card? If yes, check your cardholder benefits. My good cards all DOUBLE whatever the manufacturer's warranty is.

I used MasterCard, I will check to see...Thanks never thought of it.
dwmassjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmassjr View Post
I have good news.... Club Wagon is back and no more squealing noise.
The issue was a PCV Valve!!
A new Motor craft PCV valve was installed engine #1... same one used #2 and #3.
It must have failed, building up pressure creating the screaming noise and relieving pressure when turned off. This $15.00 part was replaced with a Standard valve and no more noise....We are not sure if this was issue #1 and #2, we will never know.
So Happy!
That's great!!!

I've replaced a couple for the squeal, when they got old. But I had one that I forgot about for about 150,000 miles. It never squealed. Instead it completely plugged, causing oil to blow by the oil cooler seals, and into the coolant bottle. Cost me an unnecessary oil cooler assembly in my quest to figure it out. And only figured it out when it finally launched itself out of the valve cover.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:35 PM   #16

OMG, I have a Jasper V10 in my 2007 Quigley, the VIN came back as a 2008 so they sold me a 2008 spec engine but apparently they are the same as there was no issues with the install. The engine was built in December 2019 but only has about 700 miles on the clock and is 95% highway miles. It runs like a dream and is quiet as a mouse. Your post is very disturbing to me but i feel it is an isolated incident, can you tell me when the first Jasper reman was built and when did it fail, i am trying to get a timeline of when this problem first surfaced..

TIA, jorje
Jorje Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:38 PM   #17

OMG, I have a Jasper V10 in my 2007 Quigley, the VIN came back as a 2008 so they sold me a 2008 spec engine but apparently they are the same as there was no issues with the install. The engine was built in December 2019 but only has about 700 miles on the clock and is 95% highway miles. It runs like a dream and is quiet as a mouse. Your post is very disturbing to me but i feel it is an isolated incident, can you tell me when the first Jasper reman was built and when did it fail, i am trying to get a timeline of when this problem first surfaced..

TIA, jorje

EDIT: I see the problem was solved with a new PCV valve and very happy for you but i am sorry you have been through so much grief in solving the problem.
Jorje Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote