Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #1

Key stuck in ignition

After an all dy stint At SportsMobile West I was coming home and stopped for a bite to eat and could not remove my Key from the Ignition and still can't ? Have any of you had this problem ? Thank you in advance for any solutions or even suggestions on what to do .

Greggde

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Key stuck in ignition

Gregg, sometimes mine is a bit difficult to get out and all I do is slightly turn it towards start or Accessory. I'm waiting for the day the damn key won't come out Like the problem you're having. I also have problems at times if there is any load on the steering wheel but I'm thinking you're not having that issue if you've driven the vehicle.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
Site Team

Have you tried shifting it out of Park and back in? The key is designed not to come out unless the shifter is in Park, so maybe the shifter is a bit worn?

Herb
Old 08-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Have you tried shifting it out of Park and back in? The key is designed not to come out unless the shifter is in Park, so maybe the shifter is a bit worn?

Herb
There is your answer ^^^^. Jimmy the shifter a little with your left hand while trying the key with your right. I've seen this problem before. There's a switch in there that is probably going bad.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #5

Thank you Guys,
I have done all of the above and it still won't come out ? I don't remember ever having any questionable scenarios until this happend. When it gets light out this A.M. I will look at it closer and see if I am able to figure out anything . Thank you again for your Quick response's .
Greggde
Old 08-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #6

The Sun is up and the Key is still stuck , I Wiggled and Jiggled all to no avail . There are three holes in the Steering Wheel cover underneath the Tumbler area but I haven't tried access them yet . I may have to take it to the FORD dealership .
Greggde
Old 08-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
Site Team

Gregg, what's the word?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Gregg, what's the word?
More importantly, where do you live and is the van parked outside ? Hope you have it solved...
Old 08-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #9

It has not been remedied yet , dealership wasn't able to get to it until next week so here it sets ! It is a good thing that I have the RAVELCO Theft deterrent , it allows for me to completely disable the the electrical system easily and not have to worry about the Sportmobile leaving without me .Thank you all for your concern and as promised will post the repair results when it is finally sorted out .
Greggde
Old 08-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggd
It has not been remedied yet , dealership wasn't able to get to it until next week so here it sets ! It is a good thing that I have the RAVELCO Theft deterrent , it allows for me to completely disable the the electrical system easily and not have to worry about the Sportmobile leaving without me .Thank you all for your concern and as promised will post the repair results when it is finally sorted out .
Greggde
I never considered the Ravelco system for your scenario, however, that's great. I have it as well although I'm hoping I never have to use it for that situation. Good luck.