Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #11

Sorry, I'd give it a shot myself but a friend has been borrowing the van for the past week.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Sorry, I'd give it a shot myself but a friend has been borrowing the van for the past week.
You are certainly a nice friend, sir.

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_gendreau View Post
You are certainly a nice friend, sir.
Haha, thanks! In all fairness, he offered to pay for materials for me to install solar in exchange for borrowing the van. Finished it up at 4:30am Tues. of last week, had one day to make sure it was working as expected, and he took the van on Thu. Happy to report that it seems to be working just fine, 2 190W panels for 380W total with full rated current (18.4A) before mid-day. The DMT1230 is handling it as expected.

Unfortunately 2 of the 4 400lb electrical actuators failed on the pop-top though (1 failed, then the second probably failed as a result of trying to compensate for the first). It could be that the weight of the solar (est. 75lbs) was too much for them to handle. The plan is to replace them with more robust actuators (1000lb) after he gets back with the van, but it doesn't really help him any.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:20 AM   #14

I believe the 1250 default setting is 40 amps. I would have left the 1230 in and used it until the 1250 arrived..

The bad thing is the remote has been out since early this year. You would have thought someone would have seen this before you, and they would have taken corrective action.

So sorry you are down on the product, but I understand.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
I believe the 1250 default setting is 40 amps. I would have left the 1230 in and used it until the 1250 arrived..

The bad thing is the remote has been out since early this year. You would have thought someone would have seen this before you, and they would have taken corrective action.

So sorry you are down on the product, but I understand.

-greg
Great info about the default; thanks. 40a would be fine. I would have left it in...except they wanted it back before I got the new one. I eventually got them to relent, but not before pulling it. And I can't use the van (now going on a couple of weeks) because of all I had to pull out to install this stuff.

And now UPS has lost the replacement. I feel cursed. It's especially hilarious because UPS also lost the batteries from Battle Born for a few days.

I'd say that next time I'd use brick and mortar stores, but this stuff is hard to find in stores now. Aargh.