Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #1

Leaky Side Window

It's raining today so I went out looking for the leak. I fully suspected the new Thule Tracks.

Instead, I found that the water is collecting in the channel at the bottom of my rear sliding window and overflowing down the wall and onto the counter-top. I park at a little bit of a side-wise incline with this window on the uphill side.

It looks like it is supposed to seal from the outside. I see no drainage holes. There a couple of unexplainable gaps in the flashing. It seals like a regular car window would seal, just the rubber pushing against the glass.

Any ideas? Fill the holes in the flashing on the outside with black goop of some sort? Or drill a drain hole at the bottom?

Thanks

Tom

bluedog225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
AEJ

Re: Leaky Top (Again) You're kidding right? No, I'm Serious (2)

Tom,

I'm not certain what you mean but it seems that the holes in the outside flashing might be weep holes and that your problem might be related to the fact that you are pitched the wrong way for the water in the bottom track to drain through the sill of the window. I'm not familiar w/the sliders in the SMB but if you check the sill of sliding windows generally allow water to either drain into a channell underneath the sill or the outside track has slots that allow drainage to the outside. A closeup picture of the window sill might help.

Al
Old 11-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #3

Re: Leaky Side Window

Since this is a window, I thought it deserved it's own thread. Also photos would help (the window, the track, the holes)
Old 11-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #4

Re: Leaky Side Window

Thanks Jage.

I got a look at it in the daylight. There are weep holes. The combination of parking at a sideways angle and dirt in the weep holes let the water in. I have cleaned the window tracks and widened the weep holes a little. I will also store with that wheel on a block from now on.

When I get my camera working, I will post pics. Stinks to have that much water get in. Swollen particle board. All the more reason to take it out.

Tom
bluedog225 is offline   Reply With Quote