Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #31

Re: Leveling block recommendations

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will start with Len's solution because I have lots of cedar left over from a deck project. For a level I use the compas app on my iPhone. If you swipe to the second screen you get either an incline reading, held upright, or a bible level of on its back. I set the phone on its back over a cup holder and try to get the rig level.

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:54 PM   #32

I use one of the small round bubble levels (around 2" diameter, and $3). I have a place on the console that I have determined is level, and I put it there - I can watch it as I back and fill looking for just the right spot (preferably one that does not require blocks). I do have the level app on phone and tablet, but I don't always have a spot large enough to set those down that I can see from the wheel.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:56 AM   #33

Love my Linx. Stores perfectly under the bed too
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva
I use one of the small round bubble levels (around 2" diameter, and $3). I have a place on the console that I have determined is level, and I put it there - I can watch it as I back and fill looking for just the right spot (preferably one that does not require blocks). I do have the level app on phone and tablet, but I don't always have a spot large enough to set those down that I can see from the wheel.
Viva,

We ditched the bubble level and went space-age.

Here is an iphone app that has a bubble level (as well as other handy features). I call up the app on the phone, set it on the console and start backing up and watching just like you.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ihandy- ... 21500?mt=8
DUKCSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #35

Garage

^^^ got that fancy thing on my phone, but our center console isnt level when parked on level ground. so i picked up this silly little bubble level at lowes for under 2 bucks. found me a patch of level ground at a friends shop, drilled a hole and glued it in place. works dang good for money & time spent.

as long as i get it within the bigger circle, were good to go. im in the same boat as herb though. cant have my head lower than my feet. most everything else is fine. especially after some 151
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:49 AM   #36

That was the same problem I had. Not a large enough flat space to easily set down the phone (I do have the level app on it and use it for other things). The bubble level only needs a small space (it's only about 1-1/2" diameter) and I happen to have a few of that size space on the console. I got the rig nice and level and then "hunted around" the console until I found a spot that put the bubble right in the middle, and that's the spot I use for it all the time now.

I do like your built-in version. Slick! On mine it happens to be that little flat spot just next to the coin slots (I have the same console as you).
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #37

Garage

I set my bubble app on the floor in front of fridge. Works great and it has a digital read out that lets me know how far off I am. I can use this with my leveling blocks to get pretty close to perfect.

TexGX
2006 Casita (Makes it a three bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath)
TexGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #38

Made some leveling blocks today out of leftover cedar decking. Two are about 24" long and the other is about 30". The longer one has a bump stop on it so that I can tell when I am at the end of it. Like Len's, two are three high and one is two high. I also made a single height version.

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:57 PM   #39

I eyeball it use rocks or stumps or firewood or whatever. But one of these days I'm going to get something fancy.

[thumbiyoumvs]31819[/thumbiyoumvs]

[thumbiyoumvs]27257[/thumbiyoumvs]

[thumbiyoumvs]24877[/thumbiyoumvs]
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote