Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2016, 02:07 PM   #1
VLH

Malware on Sportsmobile official site?

Hi,
I have been lurking and shopping around on this forum and on the Sportsmobile . com site--we currently have a different class b and are thinking of getting a used sportsmobile. Recently I get notices of a malware alert on the Sportsmobile . com site when I try to visit. I have sent the Indiana office a note about this but never heard back. Is anyone else getting a similar alert when they go the site? I have had it specifically when going to the used Sportsomobiles-North portion of the site.

Not a great way to introduce myself--but just wondering if anyone has noticed this.

Otherwise, we currently have an older Roadtrek and are looking to replace with a Sportsmobile with simpler systems (no blackwater tank, simpler electronics, etc) as that is overkill for our style of camping and travel.
Vince

VLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

Agreed VLH had this same issues, Malware scanner and other software blocked or took care of this.. Good Idea sending the host that email.
LostInTransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:23 PM   #3
VLH

Lost in Transit, were you able to continue on to the site? Even though I run Webroot (and sometimes Malwarebytes), I don't like to take risks.

Good luck with your transit build, I was just reading your note about that.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
Gone Traveling

Hey thanks, Yes I was able to view where I needed to, But I went to the site just to send a contact email.. Using Norton, Malwarebytes & 3 others I was able to isolate the malware. I tend to over kill when using these types of spyware removal tools eve since one scanner missed something while another software found it. I went back after you mentioned this and wasn't unable to locate the actual description of the malware. In my opinion, I believe it may have been directed or (latched on) a particular part of the site. again mere speculation and I do not wish to step on any toes.. But you did bring this up.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:46 PM   #5
VLH

No toes stepped on here! I did get a name for the malware, but the next time I went back couldn't find that. I notice it in particular when I go to the used sportsmobiles section of their site.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:55 PM   #6
Gone Traveling

See there you go. Isolating where it might have occurred and this way you can relay that info to the appropriate persons. Good Luck with your findings.