RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-29-2016, 11:46 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
arctictraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,548
[QUOTE=gcvt;172189] I installed a set of single-key cabinet locks on every cabinet that contains anything I care about, right down to our beach towels. QUOTE]

I think we might be becoming a bit obsessive in our desire for more security. I'm afraid this could lead to mental illness if we keep adding layer after layer of security systems. At some point, there won't be anything further we can do, but we will still lay awake at night with worry.
__________________

__________________
Arctic Traveller
KC6TNI
2001 GTRV
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:01 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
gcvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,505
[QUOTE=arctictraveller;172194]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
I installed a set of single-key cabinet locks on every cabinet that contains anything I care about, right down to our beach towels. QUOTE]

I think we might be becoming a bit obsessive in our desire for more security. I'm afraid this could lead to mental illness if we keep adding layer after layer of security systems. At some point, there won't be anything further we can do, but we will still lay awake at night with worry.
Dude, you do not want to get between the GF and her beach towels! She considers that her best Groupon score ever, haha.

I'm sitting on the couch looking at my van right now...worrying that the Ravelco, brake pedal lock, steering wheel lock, and cabinet locks aren't enough.
__________________

__________________
Greg
Old van: 1997 E250 EB30 (Stolen)
New van: 2003 E250 EB10
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:03 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
rallypanam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Francisco/Nevada City
Posts: 3,729
Are you parked in the same parking lot as your pickup and van were stolen from?
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:10 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
gcvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Are you parked in the same parking lot as your pickup and van were stolen from?
Uhh, yes. But there's a Chevy Class B and a Class C there tonight as well.
__________________
Greg
Old van: 1997 E250 EB30 (Stolen)
New van: 2003 E250 EB10
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
shenrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: boise idaho
Posts: 2,408
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
I'm sitting on the couch looking at my van right now...worrying that the Ravelco, brake pedal lock, steering wheel lock, and cabinet locks aren't enough.
im sorry, but that just sucks damn lowlife thieves....
__________________
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:51 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
arctictraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Are you parked in the same parking lot as your pickup and van were stolen from?
Wait, you had a truck stolen too, from the very same place? Good god man, pull all the wheels from the van every night and put em under your bed. Then file the dogs teeth to needle points and put the dog bed in the back of the van. Even then, I'm still worried for you, is it time to move?.........
__________________
Arctic Traveller
KC6TNI
2001 GTRV
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:24 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
gcvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Wait, you had a truck stolen too, from the very same place? Good god man, pull all the wheels from the van every night and put em under your bed. Then file the dogs teeth to needle points and put the dog bed in the back of the van. Even then, I'm still worried for you, is it time to move?.........
Yeah man. My 1997 Dodge Ram and 1997 SMB were both stolen within one year...right where my new SMB is sitting right now.

If I could put Curtis in the van each night, I would. But, it's probably illegal to leave a Pitbull in your vehicle to protect it...and the GF would never allow it.

BTW, sorry he barked at you when we were camping - he's not a fan of children or fast moving old guys
__________________
Greg
Old van: 1997 E250 EB30 (Stolen)
New van: 2003 E250 EB10
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:25 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
arctictraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
But, it's probably illegal to leave a Pitbull in your vehicle to protect it...

I think it's more illegal to steal another man's van.



BTW, sorry he barked at you when we were camping - he's not a fan of children or fast moving old guys
Fast moving old guys? You must be thinking of someone else, I can barely get out of my own way. Meanwhile, I'm ready to go camping again, but it's going to be a while. Baja in November I think, you in?
__________________
Arctic Traveller
KC6TNI
2001 GTRV
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:33 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
gcvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Fast moving old guys? You must be thinking of someone else, I can barely get out of my own way. Meanwhile, I'm ready to go camping again, but it's going to be a while. Baja in November I think, you in?
I would love to do Baja late this year. Looks like our first weekend trip in the new van will be in about three weeks. Trying to get the lift kit installed before then.
__________________
Greg
Old van: 1997 E250 EB30 (Stolen)
New van: 2003 E250 EB10
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:45 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
gcvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,505
Began a kitchen remodel today. The broken single-hole faucet had to come out, which required removal of the sink.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4131.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	11111

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4133.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	11112

Did a dry fit of the new components.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4127.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	11113

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4135.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	11114

Had to drill two new holes since the old faucet was single-hole unit. I'm not liking the plastic "pull-out" faucet so I'm going to buy another laundry room style faucet, with the garden hose attachment, like the one I installed in my old van. After that's plumbed in, I'll figure out the placement of the under-sink soap dispenser.
__________________

__________________
Greg
Old van: 1997 E250 EB30 (Stolen)
New van: 2003 E250 EB10
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×