Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2019, 08:49 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
2014? You're too demanding. Here's you a 2012:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

And yeah, you know it's probably gonna be white.

Here's you an 09 that's already Quigleyfied though:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Window van and a Quigley, not what I asked for!

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:55 AM   #12
Site Team

Anyone looking for a used passenger van, here's a 5.4L, and NOT white.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...kType=otherVDP

Herb
Old 03-30-2019, 08:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Doh! You're right, I missed cargo in your question. That is gonna be a tall order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post

Herb
Too funny Herb, same dealer as that first one I listed. I've never heard of them but apparently they have a connection on vans.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Is there any particular hate and discontent against Quigley, or was it just not what you were looking for? If (Well, lets be real, it's not "if", it's a "when") I get around to acquiring another 4x4 van, I was going to favor a Quigley conversion over the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...kType=otherVDP

Herb
If it was $22K with a V10....

I kind of feel that between the V8 and the V10, the mileage is probably a wash (I get 12 mpg/hwy for V8 and presume V10's get 10-11?), but the V10 has an extra 25% power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Too funny Herb, same dealer as that first one I listed. I've never heard of them but apparently they have a connection on vans.
I have seen a few dealers that really seem to have all of the connections on Econoline vans. I want to say there was one in the center of the eastern states (Forget which state exactly, maybe it was NC or TN?), but they specialized in low miles "high end" (Nice options, low miles, etc etc) Econolines, almost exclusively. They might have had a Chevy van or two. I don't think they dabbled with any 4x4 vans though.

Always a little hesitant about not knowing who the last owner was, how they took care of it, and what the van was used for though.
Offroading_is_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroading_is_Fun View Post
Is there any particular hate and discontent against Quigley, or was it just not what you were looking for? If (Well, lets be real, it's not "if", it's a "when") I get around to acquiring another 4x4 van, I was going to favor a Quigley conversion over the others.
No, Quigley is fine, there are just more options now which some prefer more. About 3/4 of the 4x4 converted vans out there are Quigley, nowadays Ujoint and Agile (TTB conversions) are gaining ground as are MgMetalworks, Quadvan, Weldtec and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Knowing Robb (Rallypanam) he would want a 2wd (not Quigley) to convert to TTB.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 11:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroading_is_Fun View Post

I have seen a few dealers that really seem to have all of the connections on Econoline vans. I want to say there was one in the center of the eastern states (Forget which state exactly, maybe it was NC or TN?), but they specialized in low miles "high end" (Nice options, low miles, etc etc) Econolines, almost exclusively. They might have had a Chevy van or two. I don't think they dabbled with any 4x4 vans though.

I think this may be the one you're thinking of. Usually a pretty good selection of newer model/lower mileage vans. Mostly passenger variety and some mobility with only seen a small handful of cargos over the years and none recently since the E-series was discontinued in 2014 (except cab/chassis)

https://www.adventurevans.com/vehicles
Old 03-30-2019, 11:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeagent View Post
I think this may be the one you're thinking of. Usually a pretty good selection of newer model/lower mileage vans. Mostly passenger variety and some mobility with only seen a small handful of cargos over the years and none recently since the E-series was discontinued in 2014 (except cab/chassis)

https://www.adventurevans.com/vehicles

That there's the one. I remember cause they had that strange log pattern going on their website. Amazed that I nailed NC as a guess of where they were from.

A bit of a shame- Last I looked (Probably pre-2015), their selection of vans with V-10/desirable options was much healthier than what it is now, but I suppose with the demise of E-series van production, I'm not surprised in the slightest.
Offroading_is_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger nation View Post
want to buy a 2013 e250 work van but the 4.6 in it has very poor acceleration everything else works and runs great like to know what to look for or try to do before I buy it thanks
I don't know where you're located but Famvans in Fountain Valley has quite a few.
https://www.famvans.com/
gwbuild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fix