Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #1

nissan floorplans

well after looking at several nissan vans on web (and especially after looking at cranberry red high top on youtube) i went and actualy test drove one and went inside the cargo area. I was super impressed. great leg room,smooth ride very comfortable cockpit.

before you say sprinter van I am not entused by diesel and think added overal costs not worth it.

I got an actual price quote for the nissan 3500 high top at 31,800. considerly less expensive than sprinter or putting top on chevy/ford.

Now the negative. the cargo area is about the size of an RB cargo van.

I plan on using this for touring. rarely camping more than1-2 nights. not a lot of boony/backroad use.

besides the RB-50 can you think of any viable plans. if you have an rb-50 would you get it again

again keeping in mind the limited camping use and rv hookups at least half the time.

thanks, gerry

Old 05-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #2

Re: nissan floorplans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
I got an actual price quote for the nissan 3500 high top at 31,800. considerly less expensive than sprinter or putting top on chevy/ford.
I think an E350 with a top installed would be in the same ballpark. A cargo 5.4L van sells for about 30k (or less if its been sitting on a lot), and you can get a fixed top installed about ~$2000 depending on how it is trimmed out.

Generally, the GM vans are even a little less expensive than the Fords once you factor in the rebates GM offers for them.

Also, keep in mind a NV van is 2' longer than a RB Ford van.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #3

I'm looking at price for sportsmobile a ford with top from them no extras is around 40'000. but i agree it has other advantages. if i don't get nissan it will be ford eb. but the nissan is far more cab comfortable than ford and more comfortable than chevy.

thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #4

I've been in an RB 50 and compared to my EB 50 it's hard to put my finger on what is different- not that I'd give up the 20" (?) for anything, but from my short time it seems like an RB would be livable. I think some of the RB owners chose it for departure angle for 4x4 over the EB.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage

I could give up the 20” for a more capable off road vehicle but only for that. It’s what you’re really after that makes purchase viable. Nissan makes great vehicles but RV’s? I tend to stay with something that has been proven. YMMV. I’d be more comfortable with the Sprinter than something off the line that hasn’t been tested. Now I’ve been the sucker for beta testing more than once…go figure.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #6

Has Nissan released rear axle specs yet? Is it using the same Dana 44 as the Titan? GCWR looks to be the same.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #7

I think the Nissan could be a fresh alternative.
Do a simple interior such as mine (look over my gallery), have shore power hook up, and you have a good weekender. Or more.
Weight and rear end will not be an issue unless you go the full 'SMB' style interior, and/or want to tow max weight.

Simple can be better.

Good luck on your decision!