Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #41

Re: Nissan Roadtrek's are just plain ugly

There was not a ladder. I'm not sure if they are done with with the exterior build yet.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #42

Looks like maybe an awning attached to roof rack on passenger side. If so, a ladder on that side may not be too useful once awning is extended. I'd also be concerned of damaging awning while lifting heavy items up there.

I do like idea of attaching an awning to roof rack. A roof rack like that one also helps hide a roof air conditioner. Overall not an ugly van, although not my type of vehicle so it's hard to judge.
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #43

"It is 4x4, converted by Advanced in SLC. Outside Vans wasn't really happy with the conversion though. It uses Titan front end, but they get tire rub on the engine block if you turn too sharp"

The end customer supplied the wheels and tires. The wheels are the wrong offset and the tires too big for the available clearance.

The front axle is not the Titan axle. The front axle is made by American Axle and is the same axle that is used on a popular US made pick-up.
JonNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonNelson
The end customer supplied the wheels and tires. The wheels are the wrong offset and the tires too big for the available clearance.

The front axle is not the Titan axle. The front axle is made by American Axle and is the same axle that is used on a popular US made pick-up.
That's too bad those tires don't fit. That wheel and tire package REALLY helps that van out in the looks departmant.

If that's an AAM axle, is it from the dodge Ram? If it is, would the electric front sway bar fit in there too?